Lyft Alpine Twist (Nicotine Pouches) - Review (Discontinued). 12 April 2021.

NOTE:  The Lyft brand has been rebranded as Velo.  As such, this product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

It seems like Denmark has kind of been the "proving ground" for new nicotine pouch products in the Lyft series. This is another new one that recently launched in Denmark: Lyft Alpine Twist. Shout outs to my friend Jakob who always keeps an eye out for these new products in the DK and gets them over to Snubie HQ for me to review.  I like checking out what's going on in other markets. When it comes to the flavor description for this one, it says "Lyft Alpine Twist Strong comes with a taste of mint, herbs and sweet notes". Each can weighs 16.8g and has 24 portions, for 0.7g portions. The nicotine content is listed as 10mg, which I’m assuming is per portion.

When I opened the can, I picked up an aroma of menthol, along with a grassy/green herbal type of smell. It’s lightly sweet, but not too sweet. The portions are slim, comfortable in the lip, and soft. They come with a gentle cooling presence, as well. In terms of the flavor, it has an herbal flavor to it, which comes across in a lightly grassy, green type of way. There’s menthol notes to it, and a light sweetness. The nicotine strength feels to be around regular to strong, and the flavor lasts about 45 minutes on average. Honestly, it reminds me a lot of Epok (The Krauter Mix), a product that was launched in Switzerland not too long ago.  I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but it was a pretty unique flavor.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This was an interesting product.  Now, it's not something I'd ever want to use again.  It's not a flavor I enjoyed.  But it was a pretty unique one and I'm glad I got to try it.  For folks who missed out on the Krauter Mix in Switzerland, this is a good way to check out that flavor.  I'm not sure if it'll expand beyond Denmark, but if it does - you should try it out if you like mint/menthol flavors and want to try something a little different.  I gave it a 3/5.  Not bad, not great, just kind of average for me.



Comments