Heineken 0.0 (Non Alcoholic) Beer Review - 15 January 2021.

When I began exploring the world of non-alcoholic beer, one that kept coming to the top of lists I was seeing was Heineken 0.0.  I've never really been a big fan of Heineken, but my best friend was when he was alive.  When I found it at my local shop, I figured I'd give it a try.  It was cheap, so why not. The description of this beer says, "Heineken® 0.0 is a refreshing non-alcoholic lager, brewed with a unique recipe for a distinct balanced taste. Heineken 0.0% has a perfectly balanced taste with refreshing fruity notes and soft malty body. Heineken 0.0% is double brewed while alcohol is removed and blended with natural flavours". It is said to contain 0.05% ABV or less. I couldn't find an IBU for it, but regular Heineken is around 23 IBU.
   
The aroma starts off kinda skunky. There's a pretty noticable presence of malt, a mild touch of hops/grass, and a lightly sweet presence of grain. It pours a pale golden color and has a light head that subsides pretty quickly. In the mouth, it feels light to medium bodied, with a medium amount of carbonation. The flavor has a present profile of malt and grain. It's not overly bitter, either. There's a mild presence of hops, and a light touch of pine. But, honestly, it most closely reminds me of a watered down Heineken that had been left sitting out for a while. It is pretty easy to drink, however, and has a smooth, but weak finish.  The ABV of <0.05% feels accurate.

Rating and Final Thoughts

If you like Heineken and are going non-alcoholic, you'll probably like this one.  But for me, I wasn't a fan.  Something about the taste was just....off-putting to me.  It rated at 2.38 out of 5, which, as of the date of this article, is the lowest I've rated a beer so far.  It's not something I'd buy again, when there are better products out there.  Heck, I'd take a Coors Edge over this one.  But again, this is coming from someone who likes IPA and isn't really a Heineken fan.  If this is your cup of tea, you may enjoy it!



Comments