Gunz (Nicotine Pouches) - Review (Discontinued). 28 November 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Another day, another new nicotine pouch product!  I stumbled across Gunz Nicopods on Instagram, and discovered they're a product made in Belgium.  It seems like new companies are popping up virtually overnight, and I generally don't review nicopods unless they have a website, a normal nicotine strength (under 45mg/g), and have transparent owners.  Gunz had all of these marks I look for, so I decided I'd give their stuff a review.  They're also quite eco-friendly.  I read this on their website:  "Our cans contain up to 50% less plastic than comparable products. Walls are thinner. Products are lighter. Material is greatly reduced. Simple yet challenging solution with an ecologically responsible result. We’re as ECO-friendly as possible."

When it comes to the flavor description, it says it has "a slight mint taste".  I weighed the portions out at 7 grams, and counted 19 portions, weighing an average of 0.37g each.  The nicotine content is 17mg/g (1.7%), which would be 6.29mg/portion.

When you open the can, a smooth, refreshing, lightly sweet aroma of peppermint greets you.  The portions are smaller and lighter in weight than most nicotine pouches, and are moderately soft to the touch.  In the lip, there's a mild burn, then a gentle cooling presence.  The flavor is a pretty fresh mint taste.  It's a smooth peppermint flavor, with a light sweetness to it.  The nicotine feels to be around the regular strength level, and the flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

When it comes to Gunz, it landed at 2.75 out of 5 for me.  Pretty decent product, and I like the smooth mint flavor.  If the portions were a little bigger and more plump, it probably would have got over 3 for me, which is what I usually consider to be a good nicotine pouch rating.  

I'm not sure where all they sell these, but I imagine you can contact them on their social media and they can fill you in if you want to try them!  All in all, a pretty decent, average mint product with an eco-friendly approach.  

Comments