Score Raspberry Licorice (White Portion) - Review. 7 October 2020.

Score is a new line of snus from a new company in Sweden, Cobber.  Cobber was founded in 2019 by Peter Carlson.  Score is inspired by the 80's, as you can tell by the graffiti inspired designs.  The products in this range are said to be "Peter Carlson’s loving tributes to the 80’s and have strong ties to the palate he experienced during his childhood."  As an 80's kid myself, this was something I was really excited to see.    Score is, as of the date of this writing, a Snusbolaget.se exclusive.  The flavor description on Snusbolaget for this snus says it has "a taste of English licorice and raspberries."  Each can weighs 14g and has 20 portions, for 0.7g portions.  The nicotine content is 10mg/g, or 1.0%, which is 7mg/portion.


I also noticed on the Cobber website they had an extended description of this snus:  "Growing up my family had a large hedge of raspberry bushes. I used to pick the little beauties and I always preferred to enjoy them together with another one of my favourites – English licorice. Score Raspberry Licorice is a re-creation of this mixture that was a personal favorite of mine long before it became a popular combination on the market."

When you open the can, the raspberry aroma is quite present.  It is natural, lightly sweet, and has a floral hint to it.  The licorice is there, but in the background.  The portions are incredibly soft the touch, and feel quite nice under the lip!  The flavor is really good.  With Catch XR Raspberry Licorice, the flavors seem pretty evenly balanced, but maybe a little more licorice forward.  With this one, I like that I can taste more raspberry than licorice.  The raspberry is natural tasting, and the licorice serves as a nice compliment to that flavor.  The nicotine strength feels to be a little less strong than regular strength and I find the flavor lasts up to about an hour on average!  I was pretty impressed with this one and really enjoyed the flavor. It's nice to see new snus products that aren't mint!


Rating
Packaging - 4/5 - Great looking can, I love the 80's theme.
Aroma - 3.5/5 - Enjoyable flavor, natural raspberry, not super sweet.
Portion/Mouthfeel - 3/5 - An incredibly soft white portion.
Flavor - 3.5/5 - A great flavor, very enjoyable and present!
Nicotine - 3/5 - A little less strong than regular in feel, but a stable delivery.
Longevity - 4/5 - Long lasting flavor.
Average - 3.5/5 - I really enjoyed this one.  I like that I can taste so much raspberry with it, and it's a bonus that it's not another mint snus.  It seems like most new products these days are mint, or nicopods, so it was nice to have a new product to review that had tobacco in it and wasn't mint!

Final Thoughts
I really liked this one, and I definitely suggest checking it out.  It has a great flavor profile, and I think lovers of fruit tastes and licorice tastes would enjoy it!

Comments