Kurbits Snus: Fäbodsnus (Slim Vit) - Review (Discontinued). 13 December 2019.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Kurbitssnus is a new snus manufacturer in Sweden that resulted in the meeting of an avid snus fan and an innovative entrepreneur. I recently reviewed their regular size portions products: Kurbitssnus FäbodsnusKurbitssnus MorgondaggKurbitssnus Soldat, and Kurbitssnus Soldat Vinter.  I was recently browsing SnusBolaget.se, and saw they had slim versions of these, so I figured I would do reviews of these versions, as well! When it comes to Fäbodsnus, the flavor description I was given for this one says the flavor is "With a taste of the old times". Snusbolaget describes it by saying: "A taste of rustic tobacco that meets sun warmed flower meadows, with clear hints of sweetness and vanilla."  Each can weighs 14g and has 24 portions, for 0.58g portions. The nicotine content of this one is 14mg/g (1.4%), which breaks down to 8.12mg/portion.

Kurbits Snus gave me an extended description of this product I wanted to share, because it says a lot about how they approach snus, that it isn't just the flavor, it's the experience: "In the old farmer society it was necessary to keep the farm animals away from the farm during the summer so the more easy farmed land could be kept for growing crops at the farm. This made the ”Fäbodvallar”, very common in northern and middle Sweden. Of course this was common in Dalarna, the inspiration for Kurbits Snus. To keep animals on fäbodvallar, there are traditions when it comes to flavours, aromas and food culture. To keep the fresh food usable all around the year, a lot of the products was made out on the fäbodvall with cheeses, butter and ”messmör” that was made on site. To work out on the fäbodvall was a job for women mainly and was a help for the farm to make it all around the year with cold weather and harsh winters. The culture from fäbodvallar has had a great impact in creating the Swedish cultural base."

I was really excited for this one, since I just bought a farm myself and have really been enjoying the farm life. This one is probably one of the most unique snus products I’ve had, in recent memory, and one that really grows on you over time. The aroma of this one starts off as tobacco. It is very aromatic, and musky. There seems to be a light hay-like presence, and a light floral note. The portions are a little dryer than the average white portion, but not uncomfortable. When I put a portion in, I notice a mild, natural vanilla flavor up front. It is complimented by a musky, full bodied tobacco taste; it tastes much like good cigar tobacco! There’s a light herbal/spice presence to this one, which adds a neat element to the flavor. The nicotine feels to be about regular strength, and I find the flavor lasts up to about an hour.

This one I was kind of iffy on when I first tried it, but it grew on me over time and became my favorite one of the entire series!

How To Buy:
US Snusers:  Buy Here
Sweden Snusers:  Buy Here

Comments