Kapten Lingon (X-Stark) Vit - Review. 3 December 2019.

Review Updated:  14 August 2022

It's been a few years since I've reviewed this one, but it's gone through quite a few changes.  It now has a new name, Kapten Lingon X-Stark instead of the former Kapten Vargtass.  It also now has a new can design, which went into place shortly after PMI purchased AG Snus, the manufacturer of Kapten Snus in Denmark.  This one has always been a favorite of mine, and I felt like giving it a new review with the new design!  The flavor description says, "A lingering taste of lingonberry, with a traditional robust tobacco flavor as a base".  Each can weighs 18 grams and has 20 portions, for 0.8g portions.  I counted 21 in this can, so that may be a manufacturing error, I'm not sure.  The nicotine content is 15mg/g (1.5%), but with the lighter portions it's 12mg/pouch.  So, "extra stark" with the total nicotine, but you actually get the "stark" strength with each pouch.

When you open the can, you'll notice a present aroma of lingonberry.  It has a subtle freshness to it, which makes me think of menthol.  But, it's not overly mentholated or anything.  I'm a big of fan of Kapten's white portions.  For only 0.8 grams, they feel really plump, almost at a gram.  They have a soft portion material, and are semi-dry.  In the lip, I get a light cooling sensation with this one when I put it in.  In the flavor, I pick up a present, tart taste of lingonberry.  It's not super sweet, and has a very, very faint menthol note.  The tobacco character is mild, and gentle with this one.  In the nicotine, it feels to be about the strong level and has a gradual, steady release.  The flavor hangs out for about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I've always enjoyed this one.  It's not a snus I use all the time or anything, but it's one I always keep around for when I get a craving for it.  Lingonberry isn't a common flavor in snus, so it's nice to encounter the taste from time to time.  In the end, this one rated at 3.83/5.  It's a pretty solid product, with an interesting, unique flavor profile!

NOTE:  This product is available at SnusExpress.com!  Here's a link to buy some - https://www.snusexpress.com/us/en/brands/kapten/kapten-lingon-x-strong-white-5004.



Comments

  1. Always a pleasure to read your posts Snubie. Few Swedes know more about snus than you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment