Fully Loaded (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 3 October 2019.

I review a lot of nicotine pouch products on this website, which are primarily designed for snusers. Nicotine pouches are basically any products that contain nicotine, but no tobacco. These are products that seem to be designed for dippers given their portion size and flavors. Fully Loaded makes products that have nicotine, and even some that don't have nicotine. They make them in a cut similar to dip, but also in the pouch format, which I'm talking about today. Looking at the side of the can, I can see that these are made from mint leaf and kudzu root instead of tobacco. They also use xylitol as a sweetener.  In this review, I'm going to be talking about their straight flavor, their classic flavor, their mint flavor, and their wintergreen flavor!  These pouches are available on their website, but also on Northerner.com for US consumers.

Fully Loaded: Classic (Nicotine Pouches)

The flavor description for this one says it has a “sweet, smooth, and rich taste”.  Each can is said to weigh 23.25 grams, and in this one I counted 18 portions.  The portion count seems to vary from can to can.  I can't find the nicotine strength anywhere so I'm not sure what it is.

This one seems to be for those who like tobacco flavored products. The aroma has an earthy, mildly sweet, smoky smell. The pouches are very similar to dip pouches - they are large, and they are moist! The flavor comes on pretty quickly when you put one in the lip; like the aroma it has an earthy flavor to it. It also has a light touch of sweetness, and hints of smoke.  I'm not sure what the nicotine strength is on this one, but it feels to be between 8mg/g-12mg/g if I had to guess.  The flavor lasts around 35-45 minutes on average.

Fully Loaded: Mint (Nicotine Pouches)

The flavor description for this one says it has a “bold and icy mint flavor. The mint is a blend of flavors mixed in our herbal blend to give an authentic mint chew taste”.  Each can is said to weigh 23.25 grams, and in this one I counted 17 portions.  The portion count seems to vary from can to can.   I can't find the nicotine strength anywhere so I'm not sure what it is.

When you open the can, the aroma is a sweet, but dark smell of mint.  It's kind of like a musky peppermint.  The pouches are big, moist, and bring on the flavor pretty quickly.  With this one, I also notice a nice cooling presence in the lip, and a little burn when I put one in.  The flavor is a sweet taste of peppermint with a light herbal character in the background.  It's a pretty refreshing taste!  The flavor itself seems to last about 35-45 minutes on average.  I don't know what the nicotine strength is, but going off of how it feels I'd guesstimate it's between 8mg/g-12mg/g.

Fully Loaded: Straight (Nicotine Pouches)

The flavor description for this one says it has the “the authentic, straight flavor you're looking for”.  Each can is said to weigh 23.25 grams, and in this one I counted 15 portions.  The portion count seems to vary from can to can.   I can't find the nicotine strength anywhere so I'm not sure what it is.

If you're a snuser, you may not know what "straight" is.  It's a popular flavor amongst dip products.  It kind of reminds me of root beer, and at times it reminds me of wintergreen.  Why is that you may ask?  Well, you probably didn't, but I'll tell you anyway.  Both root beer and wintergreen contain Methyl Salicylate.  Straight flavored dip has Salicylic acid Ethyl ester, and those two compounds are only a carbon group apart.  The aroma of this one very much has that straight presence to it - it also has a touch of smoke to it.  The pouches are quite big, and moist, and have a quick flavor release.  The flavor is also very similar to that straight dip taste; it is smoky, and lightly sweet.  The nicotine feels to be between 8mg/g-12mg/g if I had to guess, and I find the flavor lasts about 35-45 minutes on average!

Fully Loaded: Wintergreen (Nicotine Pouches)

The flavor description for this one says it has a “full Wintergreen experience. Sweet, refreshing, balanced and made with blended spearmint leaves, Wintergreen delivers the goods”.  Each can is said to weigh 23.25 grams, and in this one I counted 17 portions.  The portion count seems to vary from can to can.   I can't find the nicotine strength anywhere so I'm not sure what it is.

I'm not the biggest fan of wintergreen, so I try to be as objective as possible when I review wintergreen products.  Even though they aren't for me, I know lots of people dig that flavor, so I try to be open minded.  When you open the can, the aroma is that big, bold, American wintergreen presence.  If you like wintergreen dip, you'll probably love this stuff.  The pouches are big, plump, moist and have a quick flavor release to them.  The taste is a rich, bold, present flavor of wintergreen.  The flavor tends to last about 35-45 minutes on average, and I find the nicotine strength to be around 8mg/g-12mg/g if I had to guess.

All in all, I enjoyed these products.  I think people who dip and are looking for a way out will enjoy these.  They have a lot of taste to them, big pouches, and a solid nicotine delivery.  For products without tobacco, I think Fully Loaded delivers a flavor that lovers of tobacco will find approachable, and enjoyable!

Comments