Freak Snus: Jim Beam Honey (Lös) - Review. 13 December 2018.

My friend SnusFreak (and also a fellow YouTuber) has made another FreakSnus product.  I tried his FreakSnus Batch 01 and Batch 02 back in 2016, and have been looking forward to trying this one!  This new one is flavored with Jim Beam Honey!  Jim Beam Honey is a Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey and is said to have "complex notes of caramel, oak, vanilla and a finish of sweet honey".  This product comes in a simple black can with his FreakSnus logo on top.  This product also comes in the lös format only, which, from what I've gathered, seems to be his preferred format of snus.

When I open the can, the aroma is a smoky, spicy tobacco smell with hints of bourbon. The snus itself is quite moist and is incredibly easy to handbake! When I put a prilla in I find the tobacco to be quite soft with a great mouthfeel.  As far as the taste goes, the bourbon flavor is front and center.  The tobacco taste is rich, earthy, and slightly smoky and is accompanied by a little pepper in the background.  There also seems to be a hint of wood in the background.  As far as the nicotine strength goes, my 1 gram prilla feels to be between the regular strength and strong level.  The snus stays together really well; on average I can keep a prilla in for about 45 minutes.  The flavor also seems to last about that long as well!

Snusfreak did a great job overall with this snus.  The flavor is very well balanced and I find the bourbon flavor does not overpower the tobacco flavor; it is present, but not overbearing.  The snus itself is easy to work with and stays together quite well in the lip.  Two thumbs up from me!

Comments