Baccoff (Tobacco & Nicotine Free Pouches) - Review. 21 November 2018.

And now, for something completely different! Readers of my reviews know that I primarily, 99.9% of the time, review Swedish Snus. But occasionally, I get requests to review random things, and these are some products I've had a few requests for. So, today we are talking about Baccoff (or, Bac-Off) Tobacco and Nicotine Free Pouches. While these are products I personally do not use, I do hear from time to time people asking how to quit snus, or how to quit dip. Products like these are a good alternative for people who may want to pursue such things. This is how they describe these products: "BaccOff products are authentic chewing tobacco alternatives made from a black tea base and top quality, FDA approved ingredients. The closest thing to that authentic dark-fired tobacco taste good chewing tobacco pouches should have. Real Moist American Snuff taste – and its completely tobacco and nicotine free!"  These products also come in Fine Cut and Rough Cut, if that's your thing.  I had requests to review pouches, so that's what we'll be talking about today!

Baccoff Apple Pouches

The flavor description for this product says, "Crisp, refreshingly sour Apple and Dark, fire-cured Tobacco".  This product comes in an 18g can with 15 pouches for 1.2g pouches.  Most dip pouches are between 1g to 1.55g each, so the size is comparable to dip pouches.

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a tart, slightly sweet apple smell with a nutty presence to it and a little smoky quality. These pouches are big, plump, and quite moist; you'll notice an almost instant release of flavor. The flavor is actually really good on these, I was rather impressed. It packs a big apple flavor which comes through in a sweet, slightly sour, tart way. There's a dark presence to the tea, and it has a smokiness to it that reminds me of dip.  There's also a light saltiness to the flavor, as well. The flavor, on average, lasts about 30-40 minutes, which is how long I've noticed most dip pouches lasted me when I reviewed them.

Baccoff Mint Pouches

The flavor description for this product says, "smooth, strong, cool Mint and classic salty-sweet Tobacco flavor".  This product comes in an 18g can with 15 pouches for 1.2g pouches.  Most dip pouches are between 1g to 1.55g each, so the size is comparable to dip pouches.

When I open the can, the aroma I notice is a straightforward, lightly sweet peppermint smell. The pouches, as noted above, are large and quite moist. When I put a pouch in, I notice how quick the flavor releases but also a nice cooling presence in the lip which adds a fresh quality to the product.  The tea flavor comes through in a way that is reminiscent of dip tobacco; it is dark, and it has a touch of smoke to it.  The peppermint flavor is fresh, lightly sweet, and quite present in the flavor profile.  Like with the last one, these last on average about 30-40 minutes.

Baccoff Natural Pouches

The flavor description for this product says, "Premium, Dark-Fired  Natural Tobacco and Smokey, Classic Flavors".  This product comes in an 18g can with 15 pouches for 1.2g pouches.  Most dip pouches are between 1g to 1.55g each, so the size is comparable to dip pouches.

This product has a smoky, dark smell to it, along with what smells like hints of wood. The pouches, again, are plump, moist, and quickly release the flavor. The flavor of this one is sharp, smoky, and dark. It's hard to describe, but it captures a lot of the qualities of "natural" flavored dip but without the tobacco. I also notice what seems like hints of wood in the flavor profile. The flavor, on average, lasts about 30-40 minutes.

Baccoff Straight Pouches

The flavor description for this product says, "genuine, savory, charred tobacco and bold burley tobacco".  This product comes in an 18g can with 15 pouches for 1.2g pouches.  Most dip pouches are between 1g to 1.55g each, so the size is comparable to dip pouches.

This one has a sharp, smoky, slightly sweet aroma to it with what reminds me of hints of wood. The pouches, as described earlier, are plump, moist, and quickly release the flavor of this product.  I liked the flavor of these more than the natural ones.  The flavor is milder, a little dark in nature, and has a smoky-sweet quality to it.  I also notice a light wood hint in the flavor.  The taste, on average, lasts about 30-40 minutes, same as the others.

Baccoff Wintergreen Pouches

The flavor description for this product says, "strong, familiar wintergreen and salty, rich, dark-fired tobacco flavors".  This product comes in an 18g can with 15 pouches for 1.2g pouches.  Most dip pouches are between 1g to 1.55g each, so the size is comparable to dip pouches.

Lastly, wintergreen. I'm not a wintergreen fan, so I always save these for last.  I do like to be up front, however, when I review wintergreen products.  It's just not really my preferred flavor.  As far as the aroma goes, this one nails it; it is straight up wintergreen.  The pouches, as mentioned before, are big, plump, moist, and quickly release the flavor.  The taste is a mild, lightly sweet, smoky, wintergreen flavor.  I've only had a handful of wintergreen dip products over the years, but I think this one is pretty close to ones I've had before.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 30-40 minutes, much like the other ones.

As far as these products go, I think they're solid alternatives if you're looking to quit dipping and also want to quit tobacco/nicotine.  Of these, I enjoyed the apple ones the most; they had a really nice flavor.  If you want to grab some of these, they're available at DipStop.com.

Comments