G4 Cryo (All White) Super Strong - Review (Discontinued?). 13 May 2018.

APRIL 2023 NOTE:  I am not sure if this product is still produced or not.  Swedish Match said they discontinued G.4 a year ago, but I'm still seeing it available, so perhaps they changed their mind?  I'm not sure.

I've reviewed this one a couple of times now.  The first time was when it launched, then I reviewed it again last year when Swedish Match made it stronger, and increased the aroma and flavor presence.  Now, it's gone through a redesign, so I'm going to review it again!  This is a popular one in the G.4 brand, perhaps one of the most popular.  The flavor description for this one says, "A mellow and spicy character with distinct notes of peppermint and eucalyptus along with hints of vanilla".   Each can weighs 19.2g and has 24 portions for 0.8g portions. The nicotine strength is 22mg/g (2.2%), or 17.6mg/portion.

Now, what are the differences between regular snus, all white, and nicotine pouches? Regular snus is, of course, brown tobacco/regular tobacco. Nicotine pouches are products that don't contain tobacco - they have plant fiber and nicotine instead. All white is a mix of white tobacco with a small share of plant fiber. White tobacco is usually refined through some water-based process. You can see on the left the pouch looks like regular snus, except it's all white, as is the material inside the pouch. These also remain completely white before, during, and after use.

When you open the can, the aroma is a smooth, but sharp smell of peppermint with a touch of sweetness. The portions are slim, soft, and pretty comfortable under the lip. You’ll encounter a mild burn when you put one in, which gives way to a little cooling presence. The flavor is a bold, smooth, sweet peppermint flavor. It’s definitely a powerful taste.  Comparing this one to Blue Mint or Blizzard, I seem to notice a little more menthol in the flavor of this one that I didn't notice in the other two.  I don't really notice any vanilla in the flavor, nor do I detect it in the aroma.  The nicotine level feels firmly at the extra strong level, and I find the flavor lasts around 45 minutes on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I've become a big fan of the G4 series lately.  I've been using the Blue Mint a lot, because I like the all white format after I brush my teeth and when I sleep at night.  It just feels more clean.  I rated this one at 3.5 out of 5, but mainly because it's much too strong for me.  I have friends who use this product all the time though, so if you're a high nicotine fan, definitely check it out.  You may really enjoy it.  It's just a little too strong for me, so I'll be sticking to the Blue Mint!

This product available at MySnus.com.



Comments