FARO - Reviews. 31 January 2018.

My friend Patrick (the SalzburgSnuser on YouTube sent me these products to review, so a shout out to him for sending these over. Going into this review, I have hardly any information about them. The website on the bottom of the can, House-Of-Smoke.net, doesn't work except for a splash page. Patrick told me this product showed up at the end of 2017 in tobacco shops in Austria. Due to a chewing tobacco ban, he said this is a product made for Austria. It doesn't contain tobacco; it only contains tea, nicotine salt, and flavorings.  It's a 12 gram can and it looks to have about a year long shelf life.  That being said, that's all I know about it.  So, going into this review, I'm going to have to use extra SnubieSense to try and dig out what I can about this product.

As I mentioned before, this product does not contain tobacco. It contains tea, nicotine salt, and flavorings.  As I usually do with products I'm not familiar with, I wanted to cut one of these pouches open so we could see what's inside.  If you want a bigger view of it, you can click the photo to your left.  The material inside is dry, finely cut, and looks somewhat similar to tobacco.  But, it's tea.  So this is something that people may check out if you're trying to quit tobacco but still want to enjoy nicotine.  Or, if you're in Austria and want to try something new.
FARO Original
Check out the new review from 2020, here!

When you open the can, the aroma that comes out is a tart orange aroma.  The portion material is soft to the touch, and feels to be about the mini portion size when comparing to snus.  The pouch is a little dry in the lip at first, but does get more comfortable the longer you have one in.  The taste on this one is pretty mild.  It's a tart citrus flavor, which seems like mostly orange with a little lemon in it.  It lasts a good amount of time, usually about 30-45 minutes.  I'm not sure what the nicotine content is, but I do actually feel it.  I would guess somewhere between 8mg/g and 12mg/g if I had to place it.  But again, I'm not sure what it actually is.

FARO Acid
Check out the new review from 2020, here!

I was a little nervous going into this one; the name was a bit scary.  But, I think it's called "Acid" because it seems lemon-y, and lemons are acidic.  The aroma is a tart lemon smell, reminding me a little of a lemon cough drop.  There's almost a cooling presence to it - in the aroma and in the lip.  The portions are a little dryer to the touch than the original, so they aren't as comfortable in the lip at first, but the more moist they get, the more comfortable they get.  There is a mild cooling presence in the lip, which is interesting.  The flavor is much like the aroma, a mild, tart lemon taste.  There's a "fresh" presence to the taste, so perhaps there's some eucalyptus in this.  I'm not sure what the nicotine strength is but it feels to be about the same as the Original.  The flavor also lasts around 30-45 minutes, as well.

FARO Frosted
Check out the new review from 2020, here!

And of course, you knew there was going to be a mint one.  This one has a sharp, slightly sweet peppermint aroma.  The portions are a little softer than the original portion, but still dry at first when you put them in the lip.  Again, give them time, and they'll get more soft as they get more moist.  Being a mint product you'll encounter that nice tingle in the lip and fresh cooling sensation, which is common of most mint products.  The taste is a mild, straightforward peppermint taste.  It does have a mild sweetness to it, but it's not too over the top. Like the last two, the nicotine feels to be around that 8mg/g-12mg/g range, and the flavor lasts around the 30-45 minute mark.

All in all, these aren't too bad.  I still prefer snus, but if you're in Austria and want to try something different, give them a go.  They do have a nice nicotine delivery, the cans are pretty good looking, and the flavor isn't too bad, either.

Comments

  1. tried it ... its ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just stumbled over your review of the Faro bags. I'm from Austria and just tested them. They updated the can design and added some flavors. The three you tested are 8mg/g nicotine.
    There is a new flavor called arctic which has a stronger mint taste than the frosted. Also it has 16mg/g nicotine. (Really like this one)
    There is also a new flavor called IceShockX which claims to have 20mg/g nicotine.
    They also added the flavors Apple-Mint and Rasperry-Mint. They have 8mg/g nicotine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I bought faro original in Austria (didnt have any swedish snus left) , and to be honest The taste was NOT good. It smells like rose and The bags doesnt get wet at all. I like more tobacco flavor, and faro original is far away from that. I think ALL snus in austria is with flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment