General Kardus 2018 (Gastronomy Series) - Preview. 26 November 2017.

Our friend @odlasnus on Instagram has stumbled across a flier for the new General Kardus 2018.  Note, the black can in the photo isn't the product itself, it was one of his cans.  It looks like General Kardus 2018 is set to launch in Spring of 2018.  For the past several years, Swedish Match has been releasing their Kardus product under the General name. First came General Kardus 2015. Then came General Kardus Fäviken 2016, a collaboration with Swedish chef Magnus Nilsson from the Fäviken Magasinet Restaurant and Hotel located which is located in Northern Sweden. Then came General Kardus 2017, a collaboration with Hernö Gin.  This year's release looks to be another collaboration, so let's dig into this teaser image and see what we can digest.  No pun intended.

This year's release looks to be another collaboration.  There's a signature there, but I'm not sure who's name that is.  What's interesting is that it says this year's release is part of the Gastronomy Series. The definition of gastronomy says gastronomy is "the art or science of good eating".  Now, I'm not saying you'll be able to eat General Kardus 2018.  I mean, you could, but I don't suggest it.  My thought is that this may be another collaboration with a restauranteur, like General Kardus Fäviken 2016, which I mentioned above was a collaboration with Swedish chef Magnus Nilsson from the Fäviken Magasinet Restaurant and Hotel.  So, that is one possibility.

On the right side of the teaser image is this, what looks like the potential container.  I'm not sure if that's the container itself, or perhaps a green bow around it.  It looks as though it's a cylinder, much like Kardus 2015 or Kardus 2016.

I don't really know much beyond that.  Most of this is just my speculation.  I'm digging around for details so hopefully I'll know more soon.  But I can say this - we are getting a General Kardus in 2018, and I'm rather excited to see how it turns out.  I'll update this article as I receive more information, so stay tuned!

Comments

Post a Comment