ON! Nicotine Pouches (8mg) - Review. 22 June 2017.

Two years ago, I reviewed ON! Nicotine Pouches in the Level 1 and Level 3 strengths. Today, we are going to talk about some new releases in the ON! Nicotine Family, these coming in the 8mg nicotine level! The nicotine pouch category seems to be growing in popularity, as more people are wanting to enjoy nicotine but avoid tobacco. I recently reviewed Zyn NT by Swedish Match, and ALTid Nicotine Pouches, two other products in the nicotine pouch category. When it cones to ON! Nicotine Pouches, they describe it like this: “Instant Release. Absolute Discretion. ON! uses 100% food grade ingredients and naturally derived nicotine crystals in a clean pouch. Life is full of challenges and moments when concentration matters. When you can use mental clarity to help focus on the task at hand, achieve your goals, and get the job done.” ON! Nicotine Pouches come in 7 flavors and 5 strengths - 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8mg.

How to use it:

Using ON! Nicotine Pouches is much like using regular Swedish Snus.  It's very easy to use.  You take a pouch, put it in your upper lip, and enjoy!  It couldn't be easier to use.  The pouches are discrete, and involve no spitting! Their description says this: “Select a fresh pouch and place up under your lip, against your gum. Don’t worry, no one will be able to see it. Now, just wait for the gentle tingling sensation and enjoy. You can move it’s position, but no need to chew. Once you’ve finished enjoying, please use the disposal in the back of the pack or find your nearest bin.”

What's in it?

For those who are curious about what's inside ON! and how it's made, I wanted to cut open a pouch and show what's inside. ON! is a patented white, dry nicotine pouch.  These pouches are free from tobacco.  The nicotine is derived naturally from tobacco, though the pouches do not contain tobacco.  The nicotine is crystalized, which provides for a release faster than that of tobacco. You can see inside the pouch it looks like table salt. ON! comes with 20 pouches in a 5.3 gram can. The nicotine content is 8mg per pouch.  The nicotine content on these actually has a solid delivery to it and feels to be comparable to regular strength snus!  The pouches seem dry at first, but become more comfortable as they become more moist in the lip.

ON! Nicotine Pouches: Berry

The flavor description says, "Wild berry flavored pouches. Designed with Redbull lovers in mind, each pouch packs the perfect punch of delicious berry flavor. Each pack contains 20 pouches and each pouch delivers up to 20 minutes of concentration."

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a mild, fruity aroma.  It’s similar to raspberry and cherry.  The taste is very much like the aroma - it is a light, fruity taste.  There’s a mild touch of sweetness to it, as well.  The taste seems to be a mix of raspberry and cherry, with the raspberry being more present in the flavor.

ON! Nicotine Pouches: Cinnamon

The flavor description says, "Bold cinnamon flavored pouches deliver a sweet and savory on! moment for the most daring of palettes. Each pack contains 20 pouches and each pouch delivers up to 20 minutes of concentration."

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a mild, pleasant cinnamon aroma.  It reminds me of Big Red chewing gum.  The taste is a gentle, mild cinnamon flavor.  It’s not too sweet and not overbearing.  It’s quite nice!

ON! Nicotine Pouches: Citrus

The flavor description says, "Fresh citrus flavored pouches. Let citrus transport your taste buds to margaritas on the beach of Mexico for 20 minutes of refreshing citrus flavor. Each pack contains 20 pouches and each pouch delivers up to 20 minutes of concentration."

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a clean lemon smell.  It reminds me of lemon cough drops.  I also notice a mild tingle in the lip when I put one of these portions in.  The taste is a pleasant, mild, lightly tart flavor of lemon.  It’s pretty tasty stuff!

ON! Nicotine Pouches: Coffee

The flavor description says, "Rich coffee pouches deliver the perfect, smooth, latte-like- blend making even the best barista a little jealous of our recipe. Each pack contains 20 pouches and each pouch delivers up to 20 minutes of concentration."

I’m not a coffee drinker, but I still enjoyed this one.  The aroma is a mild smell of coffee beans with a light sweetness - much like a frappuccino!  The taste is a mild and light taste of coffee with a gentle hint of sweetness.  It’s a mellow taste, but very enjoyable.

ON! Nicotine Pouches: Mint

The flavor description says, "Crisp mint flavored pouches leave your mouth feeling cool and refreshed. Each pack contains 20 pouches and each pouch delivers up to 20 minutes of concentration."

The aroma of this one is a sharp mint smell.  It seems close to peppermint, but with a light touch of menthol in the background.  Being a mint product, you’ll encounter a mild cooling presence in your lip.  The flavor profile is a light, airy taste of mint.  It’s pretty gentle, and comes with a light touch of menthol in the background.

ON! Nicotine Pouches: Original

The flavor description says, "Original flavored pouches are for the serious, perfect for those that want to enjoy the nicotine release but keep a neutral flavor. Each pack contains 20 pouches and each pouch delivers up to 20 minutes of concentration."

This one was pretty interesting.  When I opened the can, I didn't encounter any aroma other than the pouch material itself.  When I put one in the lip, I encountered no flavor, either!  I pick up a light sweetness when I lick the pouch, but I found no flavor at all.  I imagine this one is for someone who wants nicotine and nothing else!

As far as these products go, I personally wouldn't use them.  I'm a snus guy, and that's my preference when I consume nicotine.  However, I can say they're good products for what they are.  There are people out there who want to quit smoking and don't want to consume tobacco.  This is a great way for people to enjoy nicotine while avoiding tobacco at the same time.  If you're looking for an aid in quitting smoking, I definitely suggest giving these a try!

For more information you can check out their website, or find them on Facebook.

ON! Nicotine Pouches are available at SnusExpress.com!  Here's a link to the series:  https://www.snusexpress.com/us/en/brands/on.

Comments

  1. Yo chad, this is andrew stauphpher I run into you in the facebook snus groups...anyhow, just got one of these original 8s in my lip...when I opened the can, I thought I caught a hint of licorice perhaps? Unsure. Then in my lip, I get really faint hints of sweetness and what I believe to possibly be licorice, and basically, thats it. Kinda like tge unflavored niccorett....really odd, but still, quite enjoyable, and with a good kick, I agree seems comparable in strength to most regular strength snus...though perhaps a tad stronger than my snus of choice, general...or at least, tge way the nic comes on is a bit rushy and it tricks your brain /

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets keep this going! As a recent nicotine user I discovered these pouches and I am totally in love. I have tried all of the Zyn flavors and they are very strong and way too much of that fake sugar yuck. The ON mint is much lighter and incredible. If you are coming from mint gum then On mint is the way to go. If you are a kid and love super sweet candy all day long then Zyn might be better for you if you are old enough to legally use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this product! It's the only thing that got me to quit smoking after 50 years. Tried patches,gum, lozenges etc.,this is the best way to quit smoking. Great on airplanes and social situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horrible company! I ordered $85 worth of there product. When I hit submit their website came back with an error message. I got no email confirmation and when I looked at my order history it was empty. They did manage to take my money though. I had three calls to their customer service. First call, the operator couldn’t do anything for me and couldn’t let me talk to a supervisor. Scheduled a call back to speak to a supervisor. Never called. Second call, the operator put me on hold for 30 minutes and never returned to the call. Third call, operator started sounding like there was glitch in the matrix and then completely quit talking to me. I will NEVER use their product again. Complete trash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these pouches but the problem I am dealing with. My gums are RAW and SORE from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do ZENS feel stronger thought?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone ever get coffee on and the pouches have a super orange tinge?? Picked some up and they’re not the whitish brown color they usually are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment