Rocket (Xtra Strong) White Dry Mint - Review (Discontinued). 5 April 2017.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

This product has eluded me for many, many years. When I first heard about it a few years back, I searched around for it but you could never find it. I found out it was a "border store product", which means it's sold at stores on the Sweden-Finland border.  For years, this has been the only Swedish Match product I've yet to review.  I lucked out a little while back, one of our friends on Instagram, @smokeitnowmaan sent us this and two other border store exclusive products: R42 Peppermint and R42 Green Mint (Xtra Strong).  Going into this review, I had no information other than what was printed on the can.  I usually like to provide a flavor description of the product I'm reviewing but I couldn't find one anywhere online. The can says that it weighs 9.8 grams. There are 14 portions in the can, which breaks down to 0.7 gram portions. I don't know the nicotine content, but most Swedish Match white portion extra strong products seem to rate at 18mg/g of nicotine (1.8%). If that's the case with this one, that's about 12.6mg/portion.

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is mostly spearmint, but I also pick up a hint of peppermint and a mild sweetness. The portions are dry to the touch, and don't contain too much tobacco. Fluffing them doesn't accomplish much, however I've found I can fold them over on themselves and make them a slim portion! The taste is a blend of spearmint and peppermint. The spearmint taste is smooth and mildly sweet. The peppermint flavor is pretty gentle but sharp. The peppermint flavor mixes really well with the spearmint. The taste lasts a good amount of time, which is a benefit of the white dry format. I'm able to enjoy these for an hour to an hour and a half. There is a solid nicotine kick, as well. If it does rate at 12.6mg/portion as I assume, it still feels to weigh in at the extra strong level!  I was really excited to finally review this product and I found it to be a solid snus. I like the mix of peppermint and spearmint in the flavor profile, the long lasting flavor, and it provides a nice nicotine kick!  If you spot it in a border store, it's worth picking up!

Comments