Skruf Nordic (Slim White) - Review. 20 October 2015.

Review Updated: 12 February 2019

It's been a few years since I've reviewed this one.    However, I recently reviewed the Skruf Nordic Xtra Stark White product, and it made me think of this one.  Back when I reviewed this one last time, I didn't think much of it because I wasn't using a lot of licorice snus.  Now that I do, I found myself enjoying this one more than I did last time.  Also, the Skruf line has recently gone through a redesign, so I've been working my way through the entire Skruf line again anyway.  An interesting side note about this product - when it launched in 2015 it was the first ever licorice snus launched in the slim portion format.

The flavor description for this snus says, "Skruf Slim Nordic White Portion Snus - a perfectly formatted quality snus with a touch of nordic licorice."  It comes in a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions for 0.7 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 2/4, and listed as "medium/regular" on most stores.  That would put it at the regular strength level between 8mg/g-10mg/g.

When you open the can, the aroma is a mild, gentle licorice smell. I also pick up a mild tobacco character in the background. The portions are slim, white, and comfortable in the lip. They're a little dryer to the touch than your average white portion, but they're not uncomfortable. The flavor is quite nice; the licorice flavor is front and center and comes through in a mild, gentle way. It's also not overly sweet, which I dig. In the background I find a gentle, earthy tobacco hint that works well with the licorice flavor. The nicotine strength feels about regular, as well. The flavor also lasts a good amount of time; I find on average I can keep these in for up to an hour, sometimes more!

While I haven't thought of this product in a few years, I really enjoyed revisiting it.  It's definitely something I could see myself ordering again!

NOTE:  Skruf Snus is available at SnusExpress.com!

Comments

  1. Chad, a little off-topic here... Found a retailer recently in my neck of the woods who sells General snus in a little refrigerator on the countertop. Picked some up. Have been using it and will discard when I get an order in of more dip-oriented snus i.e. Grov, Ettan and Probe. In the meantime... I cut open a portion of the General this morning, made a little prilla of the contents & wow... seemed like a much tastier product. Can you tell me, is the snus found in portions identical to the los version or is there a difference? Seemed like the loose, portion tobacco, was much saltier and less bergamot-ish when I took it out of the little sack. Am I imaging this or is there some truth to this? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The portion and los snus are the same recipe, but the different types of portion material and added moisture in some pouches affects the flavor, that's why you notice a different taste in white/original/los.

      Delete
  2. I'm from Norway and I use snus. This one has been my favourite since I first started using. I absolutely love it. I have tried a couple of other licorice types like the Granit one and Catch but I don't think they come close. I also work in a grocery store and this one is not among the absolute bestsellers (skruf slim fresh white and general portion/løs gets that victory) but it sells okay. If they ever stop selling these in Norway I'm out, I'm done haha :) Also since it's illegal to ship snus from Sweden to Norway to private households.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment