Thunder Nilla Shock (Vanilla) Extra Strong - Review. 2 June 2015.

It's that time of year again and V2 Tobacco has launched the 2015 Thunder Limited Edition line!  As with last year, this release comes once again in the big snus can which contains two cans of each of the 5 new flavors: Gold, Prima Lima (Lime), Nilla Shock (Vanilla), Kickass (Jalapeño and Chili) and Limo G'N'M (Lemongrass and Mint).  As always, the big can is a limited edition item and once it sells out you won't be able to purchase the snus in the big can.  Last year I did all of these reviews in one article, but this year I'm going to do them all separately.  The reason being that V2 will more than likely add a few of these to full time status in a few months, sales depending, and it's easier to keep them separate in different articles.  Now, on to the review!


Back in 2009 when I first started using Swedish Snus, one of the first flavors I tried was V2's Nordstrommen Los Dark Vanilla. That snus had a fantastic vanilla flavor and it's a shame it's taken this long for them to make another one.  When V2 asked their Facebook fans what flavors they would like to see in the 2015 Thunder Limited Edition line, one of the most popular suggestions was vanilla.  Needless to say, I was quite excited to see that it made it through to the final round and was selected to be released in this limited edition line.
When you open the can of Thunder Nilla Shock (Vanilla), the aroma that comes through is a bold vanilla smell. It isn't accompanied by any sweetness, which I was glad to see. I was hoping this snus would be close to the original Nordstrommen Dark Vanilla aroma and taste.  The flavor is a very present and natural taste of vanilla.  It isn't a sweet "desert like" taste by any means.  The tobacco taste isn't very present, but I'm okay with that - for this flavor profile I think it's a good thing that the vanilla is front and center.  People have already begun to ask me how this product compares to Oden's Vanilla and Oden's Vanilla Extreme, so to answer those questions - the vanilla flavor of this one is a touch more bold than I found in Oden's Vanilla products.  They're both a natural vanilla taste, but the Oden's Vanilla taste is a little bit more mellow than this one.  The Vanilla taste in Thunder Nilla Shock is a little darker than the Oden's variety, it reminds me a lot of the old Nordstrommen Dark Vanilla from 2009.  If you've had that product, you know what I'm talking about.  If not, trust me, it was a great taste.  If you're a fan of the vanilla flavor, V2 definitely nailed it with this one.

Comments