10 November 2014

Catch Licorice - Original Mini & Dry White Mini - Reviews. 10 November 2014.

I've been finishing up our reviews section lately and reviewing the last few products that I haven't wrote about, and I realize how many mini snuses I've yet to review. These are the last two Swedish Match mini snuses that I haven't wrote about yet - Catch Licorice Original Mini and Catch Licorice Dry White Mini. I recently did an order with The Northerner and grabbed a can of each of the mini Catch Licorice products so I could review them.

I want to note that the can on the right (Catch Licorice Original Mini Portion) is the new Catch design, and the can on the left (Catch Eucalyptus Dry White Mini) is the old can design.  I didn't have one of the new cans to grab a photo of.

Catch Licorice Original Mini

Starting with Catch Licorice Original Mini, the product description says, "A taste of licorice and tobacco.”  I recently reviewed the large format - Catch White Licorice and was impressed with the taste of tobacco being noticeable with the licorice flavor, which I've noticed in this snus as well.  When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a straightforward and slightly sweet licorice smell. I didn't detect tobacco in the aroma of this one.  However, it is present in the taste.  The flavors are more pronounced than in the large White Portion version, but mix together about the same.  The flavor of licorice comes on pretty quickly, and there is a slight smoky hint in the background.  A mellow and simple tobacco flavor is in the background with a slight sweetness to it.  It's a pretty tasty snus!  If you're into licorice and want to try a mini original portion with that flavor, this would be a good one to try.

Catch Licorice Dry White Mini

When it comes to the White Mini, the product description says, "A taste of licorice and tobacco.”  When you open a can, the aroma that comes through is a mild and slightly sweet licorice smell.  These portions are a little bit dryer than the standard white portion, so the flavor comes on a little bit more slowly.  The taste is a lot like the original mini portion, but much more subdued and mild.  The flavor of tobacco isn't as noticeable, and the flavor of licorice is more mellow.  This one is a much more mild version of the Catch Licorice Original Mini, but still has the same attributes of it, just in more subdued forms.  The licorice flavor is the predominant taste, but is a light and airy flavor, and the tobacco taste comes through very slightly, almost undetectable.  I definitely liked the larger White Portion and the Original Mini portion much more - so I'd suggest trying those over this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment