Oden's No3 (Original Portion) - Review. 30 October 2013.

Review Updated: 14 August 2022


I've recently been doing new reviews of a lot of GN Tobacco products.  I've especially been focusing on their regular strength products.  I know when a lot of people (myself included) think of GNT, our mind can often go to their more popular products, such as Siberia.  However, they do make a lot of decent products with normal flavors and strengths, and I wanted to start reviewing them so I could shine some light on those products.  This, being one of them.  The flavor description for this one says, "A normal strength portion with a traditional taste of tobacco and a hint of bergamot".  Each can weighs 20 grams and contains 20 portions, for 1 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 9mg/g (0.9%), or 9mg/portion.
  
This is a more complex snus than most Odens products; it has a lot going on. In the aroma, I pick up tobacco, a light smokiness, some leather tones, and a gentle citrus. The portions are nice and plump, and feel great under the lip! The flavor is really interesting, and has a lot going on. The tobacco character is slightly spicy, earthy, and smoky in nature. There are light hints of citrus, along with gentle hints of leather.  This one is not really focused on the citrus, so I wouldn't call it traditional, but there is a light citrus to it. The nicotine strength feels to be right at the regular level.  I prefer regular strength snus, so that's a high point of this one for me.  In regards to the flavor longevity, I find this one hangs out for almost an hour!

Rating and Final Thoughts

This is a pretty solid snus!  If you're someone who loves traditional snus, or good tobacco flavors, this is one you'll most likely enjoy.  I rated it at 3.75/5.  While not a full time product for me, this is one that I could see myself using from time to time.  The leather character in the flavor profile is quite unique, and one I haven't had in quite some time, probably since Nick and Johnny Original back in the day!



Comments