Nick & Johnny: Red Hot (Xtra Strong) Review. 7 February 2012.

Review Updated: 11 November 2020

I've been a fan of this snus since I first tried it back in 2012, when it was called "Nick and Johnny: Radical Red".  It's not something I use all the time, but it's certainly something I find myself getting a craving for now and again.  It's one with a unique flavor, and blends two of my favorite tastes: cinnamon and clove!  The flavor description for this one says "Strong and spicy tobacco character with clear hints of cinnamon and cloves, as well as a little orange and chili."  Each can weighs 22g and has 20 portions, for plump 1.1g portions.  The nicotine content is 15mg/g (1.5%), which goes up to 16.5mg/portion, thanks to the 1.1g portions!

This snus has a pretty present aroma of cinnamon, along with subtle hints of clove, and an earthy tobacco base.  The portions are big, plump, and semi-moist.  There is also a nice burn in the lip when you put one of these in!  The flavor is quite nice.  The cinnamon taste is present and blends pretty well with the hints of clove.  There's a spicy tobacco character in the background, as well!  The nicotine strength feels to be around the strong level, and the flavor lasts about 45 minutes on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one comes in at 3.54/5 for me.  It's a pretty tasty snus, and one I really enjoy, but not one I'd use full time.  It's pretty well rounded, and one I reach for whenever I want something different.  

If you're looking for something unique, or to mix your rotation up, look no further.  Red Hot has a truly unique flavor that is perfectly balanced for those looking for something sweet, or a little hot!

This product available at SnusDirect.com.

Comments