Knox Stark (Original Portion) Review. 9 October 2011.

Review Updated: 30 May 2020

The Knox line has gone through a slight redesign, and you know me - when a product gets a can change, it gives me an excuse to go ahead and revisit it and do a new review.  Ah, reviewer life!  Knox isn't a brand I use, but it's incredibly popular in Sweden.  It's a budget snus, but it doesn't have a budget flavor.  Knox Stark consistently ranks in the top for snus sales in Sweden, so it's quite popular amongst snusers!  The flavor description for Knox Stark says, "Knox Stark has a classic yet robust tobacco flavor".  Each can weighs 21.6g and has 24 portions, for 0.9g portions.  The nicotine content is 12mg/g (1.2%), or 10.8mg/portion.

When I open the can, the aroma is a well rounded tobacco smell with a fresh citrus smell, as well. The portions are soft to the touch and feel comfortable in the lip. When I describe the taste of Knox I always say the same thing: it reminds me of Skruf without the rose oil. There's a present citrus flavor and a rich, earthy tobacco taste. The tobacco taste is more present in Knox than I've noticed with other traditional flavored snus products. I don't notice much pepper in this one, which seems to be a component in most other traditional products. The nicotine strength feels to be a little stronger than a regular strength snus. The flavor lasts about the usual time I notice with original portions; with these I can usually keep them in for about 45 minutes.

If you like traditional snus and want to save a few bucks, Knox is one you should check out.  It may be your new favorite snus!

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!

Comments