Dr. Snuslove Or: How I Learned to Stop Stressing about PACT. 1 April 2010.

Well, this is it. The article I hoped I wouldn't have to write, but in my heart knew that I would. After being passed back and forth from House to Senate, Senate to House, the PACT Act (PACT Law, now) has been signed by President Obama. 90 days from now it will be in full effect. I'm hearing June 29th, 2010 as an effective date being used by some snus distributers. There are a lot of questions right now, I'm sure. I've received several emails full of them, myself. Some of the more popular ones include:

"What do we do now?"
"Will we go back to smoking?"
"Can we still get snus?"
"Will snus even be affordable?"
"Can we fight this?"
"Why would Obama sign this?"

To be honest, over the past year since this has become an issue, it's been highly (and heatedly) discussed. We're at the point now that we're past complaining about it, and we need to embrace it and have the "Now what?" attitude.

To address the one I've seen most, I WILL NOT go back to smoking. I refuse. It has not crossed my mind, nor at any point in time will it cross my mind. Since discovering Swedish Snus I've found something that smoking never could offer me. Freedom. I am free from a negative outlook on life associated with the risks of cancer. I'm free from being chained to a constant desire for a flaming deathstick. I'm free from a constant yearning to go to the designated smoking area, which is becoming smaller and smaller over the years. I'm free from poor hygiene associated with cigarette smoking. No part of me wants to go back to that lifestyle, and I do not see that changing. No matter what price you can put on snus, you CAN'T put a price on the benefits associated with going from cigarettes to snus. And that is the bottom line when it comes to PACT. No matter how much the taxes will be, no matter how much the shipping will cost, I will still buy snus. PACT will not stop that, and I refuse to give any more of my life over to stress or worry about this. Snus has given me a new positive outlook on life, and I will continue with that positive outlook and move forward, past PACT, and towards a brighter future I have with improved health thanks to snus.

So, we have 90 days. June 29th, 2010 is the effective date I've heard thrown around a few times now. What do we do? Well, we can stock up. In this video, on our YouTube channel I addressed storing and stocking up, and if done properly, snus can last a year or so past it's expiration date. So while we have this time frame, I do suggest you stock up as much as you can. Be smart about it, get a stockpile of your core favorites and maybe a few that you use on occasion, and just be prepared. PACT is a law, and we have 90 days to get ready for the full effects of it.



Don't Worry. Snus Happy. Don't let the PACT Act discourage you. Sure, it sucks. But, WE CAN STILL BUY SNUS! This is not going to take that away from us. We may have to stock up for a little while, but even after that - or after our stock runs out - we can still buy snus! Don't let this discourage you, or send you back to cigarettes, or make you not consider a switch to snus. Because it's not going to have that effect on me. I won't let PACT take my positive outlook away that snus has given me. Try and be positive about it, because that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to continue to look forward, I'm going to continue using snus, and PACT will not have the power over me. I will have the power over it. I will continue to buy and use Swedish Snus. As I said above, "No matter what price you can put on snus, you CAN'T put a price on the benefits associated with going from cigarettes to snus." And I stand by that.

Comments

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen brother Chad. Even if the price of snus tripled its manifold other advantages are so overwhelming that going back to the c-sticks makes zero sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. I won't let this make me go back to smoking, and the thought never crossed my mind. I'm glad to see others agree!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment