It's been a long time since I've had a Small Batch snus. This is a limited series that Swedish Match has done since for many years. I had number one back in 2018, so it's really kept going! Swedish Match doesn't sell them outside of Sweden, and my friend that used to send them to me moved out of Sweden. The last one I had was Rooftop Honey (#36) back in 2024. But this one, this is the one I'm the most excited about. Today we have #52, Lava Lime! It's said to have a "tangy and spicy flavor of jalapeño and lime". Why am I so stoked today? Well, one of the only nicotine pouches I regularly use is Loop Jalapeño Lime. And I've been wanting that flavor in a real snus for ages! The only other one I've had before is Thunder Kickass, which was out back in 2015. So, I'm ready to dive into this one. As far as the contents go, each can weighs 16g and contains 20 portions, at 0.8g each. The nicotine content is 11mg/g, which breaks down to 8.8mg/portion. So, while it says "Stark", it's actually regular strength. This one also comes in a regular sized white portion, but I wanted the slim version more. Also, thanks to a friend in Sweden who hooked me up with this!
Opening the can, the aroma that comes through is just magical. I pick up a present aroma of jalapeño, along with a little citrus tone. The pouches are slim, and soft, with a moderate moisture amount. Under the lip, I pick up a soft, comfortable feel. The pouch yields a light burn, but it's not uncomfortable or anything. Just a little heat! In the flavor profile, it's delicious. The jalapeño flavor is actually present, and you can detect it clearly. It's the main component of the taste. The lime flavor is in the background, and is mild. My only critique is I wish you could taste more of the lime. In the strength, while called a "stark", or strong, it's actually just 8.8mg/portion, so it feels like regular strength to me. The flavor itself lasts about an hour, on average!
Opening the can, the aroma that comes through is just magical. I pick up a present aroma of jalapeño, along with a little citrus tone. The pouches are slim, and soft, with a moderate moisture amount. Under the lip, I pick up a soft, comfortable feel. The pouch yields a light burn, but it's not uncomfortable or anything. Just a little heat! In the flavor profile, it's delicious. The jalapeño flavor is actually present, and you can detect it clearly. It's the main component of the taste. The lime flavor is in the background, and is mild. My only critique is I wish you could taste more of the lime. In the strength, while called a "stark", or strong, it's actually just 8.8mg/portion, so it feels like regular strength to me. The flavor itself lasts about an hour, on average!
Rating and Final Thoughts
This snus is GREAT. I really, really hope they bring this to their full time lineup. If anything, they could put it in the Catch series and call it Catch Jalapeño Lime or something. Because why not? I gave it a 3.92/5. My only critique, I wish I could taste more lime. But that's really a minor critique. All in all, it's a glorious snus!



Comments
Post a Comment