Vika Starlight/Black/Supermassive Snus Reviews. 19 July 2024.

I recently found some new Vika products, which was pretty exciting to me.  In 2024, it's very, very rare that we see new snus products.  I've reviewed some Vika products before, both snus and nicotine pouches.  But today, we have three new products to check out:  Starlight, Supermassive, and Black!   I found these over on the Snusline.com E-Store, and haven't really seen these sold anywhere else.   I've had Vika Black before, but it has a new look to it so I figured I'd do a new review of it, as well.  So, today we're going to review all three of these flavors.  This will be fun, because (like I mentioned early) I don't get to review new snus very often and two of these are new products!  Hooray!

One quick note, I have no clue who makes these.  I've tried to message via their website, as well as on Instagram, and they don't respond.  It says it is made in Sweden, which means they have to produce to Swedish standard, but as far as who makes it or where it's made, I have zero clue.

Vika Starlight

Flavor Description:  "Vika Starlight combines refreshing mint with the sweet taste of ripe mango. It has a mild/mellow taste with a fruity note."
Can Contents:  13g, 20 portions, 0.65g
Nicotine Strength:  23mg/g = 14.95mg/portion

Review:  Opening up the can, this one has a rather interesting aroma.  I pick up sweet mango, along with a light minty touch, perhaps menthol.  The portions are lighter in weight, and dryer to the touch than the average white portion.  The flavor is pretty interesting.  I like the mango flavor, but adding mint is a little weird.  It kinda takes away from the mango flavor.  The tobacco taste is simple on this one, and in the background.  In the strength, it feels to range between strong and extra strong.  The flavor also lasts about an hour, on average.
       
Vika Black

Flavor Description:  "The Vika Black is one of the most powerful tobacco snus on the Swedish market. A delicate tobacco mixture with best tobacco from Africa and Europe with a hint of bergamot as well a nice menthol aroma".
Can Contents:  13g, 20 portions, 0.65g
Nicotine Strength:  28mg/g = 18.2mg/portion

Review:  Opening the can, the aroma of this one is a straightforward spearmint smell.  It's lightly sweet in nature.  The portions are moderately dry, and lightly soft.  Under the lip, I get a little cooling presence when I put one in.  In the flavor profile, it's a pretty mild taste of spearmint.  It also has a light tobacco base to it.  I don't notice much bergamot from this one, though.  It's a stronger product, and feels to be about the extra strong level.  The flavor lasts a good hour, on average, sometimes a bit more.  I'm not sure if this is made by the same people, but it reminds me a lot of Puck Spearing, it almost seems to be the same as that one.

Vika Supermassive

Flavor Description:  "VIKA Supermassive has been specially developed for a clientele who has the need for a strong nicotine kick. The sharp, peppery mint note rounds off the pleasant tobacco flavor and adds a cool breeze to the enjoyment."
Can Contents:  13g, 20 potions, 0.65g
Nicotine Strength:  45mg/g = 29.25mg/portion
NOTE:  I usually don't review products over 26mg, but I didn't know this one was this strong when I got it.  Since I already have it on hand, I'm going to do a review of it, but I still don't advise people use products this strong.

Review:  This one seems to be the same as the last one in terms of aroma and flavor.  The main difference is that it seems to be a little stronger.  The last one felt to be about the extra strong level, but this one feels to be well above that.  Flavor lasts about the same as the last one too, in terms of flavor longevity.  But yeah, basically seems to be a stronger version of Vika Black.

Rating and Final Thoughts

All in all, not bad products.  Starlight came in on top at 3.25/5.  That one tastes nice, but the mint with the mango was a bit weird to me.  Black wasn't too bad, at 3.08/5.  A little strong, but I found it better than Supermassive.  Supermassive was way too strong, so it rated at 2.83/5.  If you want to try out some new products, I'd suggest giving them a go.  Mainly because nobody really makes new snus products anymore, so it's nice to be able to try them out here and there when they do pop up.



Comments