XQS Ice Cool (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 19 June 2024.

The XQS folks are back at it again with another new-ish nicotine pouch in their XQS series:  Cool Ice!  A popular name, and perhaps a place on the popular, and formerly named, "Ice Cool" by Lyft/Velo.  I grabbed this one from over at SnusMe.com on a recent order, so let's check it out!  Flavor-wise, this one is said to be like so:  "A blend of peppermint and menthol".  Each can weighs 12 grams and has 20 pouches, for 0.6 grams each.  I think that's cool because they usually do 0.5 gram pouches and I've said for years if they could just add a little extra filler to the pouch it would really increase the quality.  Not saying I made that happen, but I'm glad that it did somehow happen.  The nicotine content is 16mg/g, which breaks down to 9.6mg/pouch.

Opening up the can, I pick up a present blend of peppermint and menthol.  The pouches are slim, soft, pretty moist, and comfortable under the lip.  They are still on the lighter side (I like a 0.7g average myself), but these are much, much better and more well filled than before.  You also get a little cooling in the lip when you put one in.  In the flavor department, it's a present, lightly sweet taste of peppermint.  There are hints of menthol in the mix, which add to the flavor profile, and give a little icy experience.  The nicotine strength feels about the regular level, and the flavor lasts about 35-40 minutes, on average.  All in all, it's a pretty standard mint product, but it does have a nice quality to it.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I'll be honest, there are a lot of mint products out there.  Especially in the nicotine pouch realm.  So, you can imagine it's pretty hard for me to get enthusiastic about them.  But, I do my best as a reviewer to give them a fair shake.  This one ended up at 3.08/5.  I will say this, the increased pouch size is better, and does give a better experience, so I hope they do that with others in their series.  If you like mint products, I think you'll be happy with this one, it's pretty good in terms of flavor and quality.

This product available at SnusMe.com!



Comments