Velo Nicotine Pouches: Tropic Breeze - Review. 28 July 2021.

A while back, I got a bunch of nicotine pouches from Nic Pouch UK, a nicotine pouch store based in the UK.  A lot of them ended up in the freezer, and I'm just now catching up on some of them.  Yes, when there are 78 new tobacco-free nicotine pouch products released every day, I can get a little behind on reviewing them.  These are products in the Velo series.  Not to be confused with the awful quality US Velo product, these are more akin to the Lyft series sold in Sweden.  Same company, different name on the label.  The flavor description on this one says, "Tropic Breeze is a blend of tropical fruit flavours: mandarin, passion fruit and mango".  Each can weighs 14 grams, and has 20 portions weighing 0.7g each.  The 2 dot (S2) one has a nicotine strength of 8mg/g (0.8%) or 5.6mg/portion.  The 4 dot (S4) one has a nicotine strength of 16mg/g (1.6%), or 11.2mg/portion.

In terms of the Lyft series, their Tropic Breeze is one of my favorites; I've reviewed it a few times.  This Velo version is the same as that, but with a different name.  As these products are identical other than nicotine strength, I'm just going to review them together.  Then, at the end, we'll break it down and talk about the strength differences.  That's really the only difference between them.  When you open the can, the aroma of this one is tart, citrusy, and tropical.  I pick up a smell of mango, along with hints of mandarine.  The portions are slim, soft, and moderately moist.  I find them to be pretty comfortable under the lip, as well.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 45 minutes.  In the flavor profile, it's lightly sweet, and tropical in nature.  It's also slightly tangy.  The mandarine comes through in a citrusy way, along with some tropical hints from the mango.  It's pretty tasty stuff.  For the S2 one, it feels to be about regular strength.  The S4 one feels to be about the strong level, maybe a little above.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I've always enjoyed Tropic Breeze.  It has a nice flavor to it, and is great in the summer time.  I rated the regular strength one (S2) at 3.5/5, and the higher strength one (S4) at 3.33/5.  Both are good, but I'm a regular strength user so the S2 one was my preference.  I don't really use nicotine pouches myself, but I do keep a can of Lyft Tropic around to use from time to time.  So, if you're a nicotine pouch user and want something a little different, check these out.



Comments