Zyn Menthol (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 3 June 2021.

Zyn has become one of the biggest names in nicotine pouches on the US market.  The line originally launched as Zyn NT in the US back in 2016 and launched with X flavors:  Coffee, Cinnamon, Cool Mint, Spearmint, Wintergreen, and Peppermint.  In 2019, the line expanded with the addition of Chill, Smooth, and Citrus.   Now, Swedish Match has added the popular flavor of menthol.  While I don't use a lot of menthol products nowadays, this would have been something I would have gravitated to back in 2009 when I was quitting smoking.  I was a menthol smoker, and if I would have seen a smoke-free alternative with a menthol flavor, I would have gone right to it.  I haven't found these locally yet, but I did find them on Nicokick.com.  I haven't found a flavor description for it so we'll just go with "menthol".  Each can weighs 6 grams and has 15 pouches, for 0.4g nicotine pouches.  It comes in two strengths, 3mg/portion and 6mg/portion.

Since these products are identical other than strength, I'll review them together and then we'll talk about nicotine strength.  First, to open the can, you have to line up the little arrows to pop the can lid off.  When you do that, you'll be greeted with a mild, gentle aroma of menthol.  The pouches are small in size, and pretty dry.  In the lip, they get more comfortable as they get more moist, but they are a little dry at first.  There's also a light cooling sensation in the lip.  In terms of flavor, it's pretty mild.  The menthol character is relatively smooth, not overly sweet, and not overly medicinal.  It's pretty pleasant.  I can say this, as a former menthol smoker I would have loved these when I was trying to quit smoking.  The flavor averages between 30-40 minutes on these.  In terms of strength, the 3mg one feels to be below regular strength, and the 6mg one is stronger and feels closer to the regular strength mark.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I don't really use nicotine pouches, so don't let the low 3 / 5 score fool you.  I've found, when reviewing these, anything between a 3 and a 4 is what I consider to be a "good product".  I've only ever rated one product at a 4.  So, if a nic pouch is at 3 or higher, that means it's something I consider to be decent.  As mentioned earlier, this is something I would have loved as a former smoker.  If these were around when I was trying to quit menthol cigarettes, these would have been a life saver.  So, if you're a menthol smoker and wanting to quit, I definitely suggest checking these products out.  

Zyn Nicotine Pouches are available at Prilla.com!



Comments