Volt Java Shake S2 (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 12 May 2021.

Some of you may remember a snus product from a little while back called G3 Volt. That product was discontinued/rebranded as G3 Pow. Shortly after that, I reviewed a new product that popped up in Denmark called Volt Nicotine Pouches. It made me start to put the pieces together that Volt would most likely live on as a nicotine pouch line. Sure enough, a new line of nicotine pouches called Volt has popped up from Swedish Match. When they talk about this line, they say "Spark the unexpected! VOLT are nicotine pouches with fresh flavors in surprising combinations. Interesting new flavors in a variety of strengths, so find just your favorite and give the imagination wings."  Today, we're talking about Volt Java Shake!  The flavor description for this one says, "Java Shake has a taste of freshly roasted coffee beans topped with hints of cocoa and burnt sugar".  Each can weighs 16.8g and has 21 portions, for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine strength (on the bottom of the can) says 9mg/portion, which would be 11.25mg/g in total.

Now, with most products in the Volt line, they're identical to a slim counterpart in the Zyn line.  However, this one is a new flavor that doesn't have a moist/slim version in the Zyn line.  The flavor reminds me a lot of the dry Zyn Coffee version sold in the US, but that's about the only similarity I can find with this one so far.  Also, this one is a Level 2 strength, there's also a Level 4 strength version of it available, as well.

As I always say with coffee product reviews, I don't really drink coffee.  However, I enjoy coffee flavored nicotine products, so I was pretty excited to try this one out.  Especially since the US Zyn Coffee is a favorite of mine in terms of US offerings.  When you open the can, a mild, gentle aroma of coffee comes through. It almost seems to have a light nuttiness to it. The pouches have a slim-fit under the upper lip, and a comfortable, soft portion material. In the flavor profile, it's a pretty mild coffee taste. It's not bold, and not super in your face. It's pretty well balanced in nature, and comes with a light chocolatey tinge in the background. Like the aroma, I also pick up a little nuttiness, as well. The nicotine level feels to be about regular strength, maybe a little lighter. The flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

In the end, this one rated at 3.25 out of 5 for me.  I enjoyed the flavor of it, don't get me wrong.  However, I just wish the taste was a little more bold.  It's not bad, by any means, just a little more mild than I prefer. But, on it's own, it's a pretty good product.  If you like coffee flavors and use nicotine pouches, you'll probably enjoy this one.  I ended up finishing the can, so that means it must not be too bad!  If you like the US Zyn Coffee, check this one out, because the flavor is similar, and just as enjoyable!



Comments