Volt Nicotine Pouches - Review (Discontinued). 17 November 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.  

Today, we're talking about an interesting new product from Swedish Match.  This is Volt, but not the Volt Snus I reviewed before.  This is Volt Cold Slim (Nicotine Pouches), a product produced by Swedish Match in Sweden for sale in Denmark.  A special thanks to my buddy Jakob in Denmark who keeps an eye out for these interesting new releases for me.  I haven't seen it for sale online anywhere, so I can't find a flavor description or nicotine content for it.  It is listed as 5/5 on the can, which could mean it's 26mg/g like Volt Snus, but again, I'm not sure.  Each can weighs 16.8g and has 21 portions, for 0.8g portions.

When you open the can, a sharp, focused, strong smell of peppermint comes through, along with subtle tones of menthol.  The portions are slim, and pretty soft to the touch.  They come with a light burn in the lip, and then a subtle cooling presence.  The flavor is a present, sharp taste of peppermint.  It has a light sweetness to it, along with light hints of that menthol character.  The nicotine is quite strong, it hits pretty quickly and feels firmly at the extra strong level.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 45-50 minutes.

Ratings and Final Thoughts

Volt Nicotine Pouches is a pretty solid release from Swedish Match.  If they decide to expand this out of Denmark, I could see it becoming quite popular.  I gave it a 3.04/5, and I don't really use nicotine pouches.  But it's a pretty solid product, and this is a pretty high rating for me for a nicotine pouch product.  If you use these, and like mint products/strong nicotine levels, you'll probably really enjoy it.  Keep your eyes open if you're not in Denmark, because I imagine Swedish Match will eventually open this up for sale elsewhere.

Comments