Volt Frosted Apple (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 12 May 2021.

Some of you may remember a snus product from a little while back called G3 Volt. That product was discontinued/rebranded as G3 Pow. Shortly after that, I reviewed a new product that popped up in Denmark called Volt Nicotine Pouches. It made me start to put the pieces together that Volt would most likely live on as a nicotine pouch line. Sure enough, a new line of nicotine pouches called Volt has popped up from Swedish Match. When they talk about this line, they say "Spark the unexpected! VOLT are nicotine pouches with fresh flavors in surprising combinations. Interesting new flavors in a variety of strengths, so find just your favorite and give the imagination wings."  Today, we're talking about Volt Frosted Apple!  They have a fun little blurb on their website about this one:  "If a snake appears that suggests you should eat an apple, take care, it's old. But to take a tobacco-free nicotine bag with a super fresh taste of green apples and mint is perfectly okay!"  The actual flavor description for this one says, "Deep Freeze has a really strong and refreshing taste of eucalyptus and clear basic tones of menthol. It gives a biting and cooling effect that we call "the deep freeze effect" - and it leaves no one indifferent".  Each can weighs 16.8g and has 21 portions, for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine strength (on the bottom of the can) says 9mg/portion, which would be 11.25mg/g in total.

When I tried this product, I noticed something:  it's basically the same thing as Zyn Apple Mint, but with a different name.  When I talked to Swedish Match, I imagined this line would be replacing Zyn, however I was told that wasn't the case, and that both Volt and Zyn would be sold.  So, if you've had that product, this one is basically the same.  But, if not, I'll still do a full review of this product!

This one is pretty tasty.  There's so many mint products on the market, but this one definitely stands out because of the blending of apple and mint in the flavor profile.  In the aroma, there's a clear aroma of apple.  It's complimented by a light, smooth spearmint hint with a little sweetness.  I don't really pick up any vanilla in the aroma.  In the lip, the pouch is soft, and comfortable.  It also has a slim fit to it.  Being a mint product, there's a light cooling presence, as well.  In terms of the flavor, I don't really notice any vanilla, as well.  I pick up apple first, which comes through in a tart, lightly sweet way.  It's mixed with subtle tones of spearmint in the background.  It's a pretty nice blend of flavors.  The nicotine strength on this one feels to be about the strong level, and the flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I really enjoyed this one.  I'm a big fan of G4 FU:ZN, which has an apple mint flavor, so naturally I was going to enjoy this one, too.  I rated it at 3.5/5.  Usually, I consider any rating of a nicotine pouch over 3/5 to be a good rating.  I rarely rank at a 4.  So, this one is a pretty solid, high rated product for me.  With how many mint products there are on the market, it's nice to try one that has a different type of flavor to it. This one is definitely different, but that's what makes it good.  If you like mint flavored nicotine pouches and want to try something a little different, give this one a go!




Comments