Volt Deep Freeze (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 12 May 2021.

Some of you may remember a snus product from a little while back called G3 Volt. That product was discontinued/rebranded as G3 Pow. Shortly after that, I reviewed a new product that popped up in Denmark called Volt Nicotine Pouches. It made me start to put the pieces together that Volt would most likely live on as a nicotine pouch line. Sure enough, a new line of nicotine pouches called Volt has popped up from Swedish Match. When they talk about this line, they say "Spark the unexpected! VOLT are nicotine pouches with fresh flavors in surprising combinations. Interesting new flavors in a variety of strengths, so find just your favorite and give the imagination wings."  Today, we're talking about Volt Deep Freeze!  The flavor description for this one says, "Deep Freeze has a really strong and refreshing taste of eucalyptus and clear basic tones of menthol. It gives a biting and cooling effect that we call "the deep freeze effect" - and it leaves no one indifferent".  Each can weighs 16.8g and has 21 portions, for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine strength (on the bottom of the can) says 9mg/portion, which would be 11.25mg/g in total.

When I tried this product, I noticed something:  it's basically the same thing as Zyn Deep Freeze, but with a different name.  When I talked to Swedish Match, I imagined this line would be replacing Zyn, however I was told that wasn't the case, and that both Volt and Zyn would be sold.  So, if you've had that product, this one is basically the same.  But, if not, I'll still do a full review of this product!

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is powerful.  And, it is straight up, in your face menthol.  It's a powerful smell, and is sharp in nature.  It's also mildly sweet.  The pouches are soft, and comfortable in the lip.  They also come with a slim fit.  At first, when you put one in, there's a little burn under the lip.  That eventually fades and gives way to a gentle cooling presence.  The flavor is straight up menthol.  No mint, no spearmint, nothing but menthol.  It's a powerful taste that kinda kicks you in the face with how bold the menthol flavor is.  It's lightly sweet in nature, but not overdone.  The strength feels to be between strong and extra strong, and has a pretty quick and solid kick to it.  The flavor, on average, kicks around for about 40-45 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.17 out of 5.  That's on the lower end, for me.  Don't get me wrong, it's a quality product.  However, the flavor just wasn't there for me.  I'm not really big on menthol tastes, and it's a little stronger than I prefer.  However, if menthol is your cup of tea, you may enjoy this one.  If you liked the Zyn Deep Freeze product, you'll like this one.  It's basically the same thing, just with a different can design.  When I was a smoker and quit smoking, I probably would have enjoyed this one more because I smoked menthol cigarettes.  However, now, this flavor just reminds me a lot of cough drops.  So, it's not really my cup of tea.  But menthol lovers who want something with a solid kick to it - here you go!

Volt Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusDirect.com. 



Comments