Volt Dark Frost (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 12 May 2021.

Some of you may remember a snus product from a little while back called G3 Volt. That product was discontinued/rebranded as G3 Pow. Shortly after that, I reviewed a new product that popped up in Denmark called Volt Nicotine Pouches. It made me start to put the pieces together that Volt would most likely live on as a nicotine pouch line. Sure enough, a new line of nicotine pouches called Volt has popped up from Swedish Match. When they talk about this line, they say "Spark the unexpected! VOLT are nicotine pouches with fresh flavors in surprising combinations. Interesting new flavors in a variety of strengths, so find just your favorite and give the imagination wings."  Today, we're talking about Volt Dark Frost!  The flavor description for this one says, "Dark Frost is an intense flavor explosion of dark berries and fruits topped with fresh menthol. Together with a maxed out strength, a biting frost feeling is created. The result is a wintery taste journey".  Each can weighs 16.8g and has 21 portions, for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine strength (on the bottom of the can) says 9mg/portion, which would be 11.25mg/g in total.

When I tried this product, I noticed something:  it's basically the same thing as Zyn Dark Frost, but with a different name.  When I talked to Swedish Match, I imagined this line would be replacing Zyn, however I was told that wasn't the case, and that both Volt and Zyn would be sold.  So, if you've had that product, this one is basically the same.  But, if not, I'll still do a full review of this product!

When you open the can, menthol greets you right up front, along with a berry presence.  It reminds me mostly of blueberry, but with a light touch of grape to it.  The pouches are soft, and comfortable under the lip.  The portion is slim, and fits quite well in the lip!  There's also a little burn at first, then a light cooling presence after that.  In terms of the flavor, the menthol stays more in the back this time.  I pick up mostly blueberry, but with a light hint of purple grape behind it.  It's not super sweet, but does have a light amount of sweetness to it.  It's a pretty well balanced flavor profile.  The nicotine level feels to be at the extra strong level, and has a pretty solid kick to it.  The flavor lasts around 40-45 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.25/5.  I think if they took the menthol out, and made it a little less strong, this would be close to 4/5 for me, which is about as high as I rate nicotine pouches, usually.  However, if you liked Zyn Dark Frost, or dig mint/menthol flavor profiles, you may enjoy this one.  While not really my cup of tea, this one wasn't too bad.  I think people who like this sort of flavor profile will enjoy it.  In terms of mint/menthol flavors, it's certainly a more unique one, with the blending of tastes in the flavor profile!

Volt Nicotine Pouches are available at SnusExpress.com.



Comments