Lyft Tokyo Zing (Nicotine Pouches) - Review (Discontinued). 12 April 2021.

NOTE:  The Lyft brand has been rebranded as Velo.  As such, this product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

It seems like Denmark has kind of been the "proving ground" for new nicotine pouch products in the Lyft series. This is another new one that recently launched in Denmark: Lyft Tokyo Zing. Shout outs to my friend Jakob who always keeps an eye out for these new products in the DK and gets them over to Snubie HQ for me to review.  I like checking out what's going on in other markets. When it comes to the flavor description for this one, it says "Tokyo Zing X-Strong has a taste of ginger and lemon". Each can weighs 16.8g and has 24 portions, for 0.7g portions. The nicotine content is listed as 11mg, which I’m assuming is per portion.

Now, let's go ahead and dive into this one!  When I open the can, the aroma that comes through is a present aroma of ginger, a light sweetness, a faint touch of lemon, and an earthy quality to it.  The portions are slim, soft, comfortable, and come with a mild burn in the lip.  In the flavor, ginger is front and center.  I also pick up hints of lemon.  It’s lightly sweet, but not overly so.  The nicotine on this one feels to be around the extra strong mark and comes with a solid kick.  The flavor, on average, seems to kick around for about the 45-50 minute mark.  Some of you may have tried the second Lyft/Lab series not too long ago.  This one reminds me a lot of the ginger flavored one that was in that limited edition release.

Rating and Final Thoughts

In the end, this one rated at 3/5 for me.  Not amazing by any means, but not horrible.  It's a really unique one, which I love seeing in the world of snus.  If something comes out that isn't mint, that's a good thing!  It's not something I'd use full time, but I do enjoy the taste of ginger so I might order a can again in the future if it expands beyond Denmark.  If you like spicy products with interesting flavors, this is one you might enjoy!

NOTE:  For my US audience, you can get the whole Lyft series from SnusExpress.com!



Comments