G.3 POW (Slim White Dry) - Review. 26 February 2021.

I was getting ready to do a re-review of G3 Volt recently, but then I saw it vanishing from e-stores.  I know it's one of the more popular products in the G.3 brand, so it was surprising; surely this wasn't being discontinued!  Well, it look as though it was simply a rebrand, as it's back down now with a new name:  G3 Pow.  I don't get the new name, but maybe Swedish Match is a massive Batman 66 fan - POW!  Or maybe a fan of that Family Guy scene.  It also makes me wonder if it's due to Volt being a new nicotine pouch in Denmark, perhaps they didn't want to confuse consumers.  I dunno.  If you've never had G3 Volt, I'll tell you a little about this product.  The flavor description for this snus says, "Light and spicy tobacco character with clear hints of peppermint, as well as a hint of eucalyptus and cedar".  Each can weighs 16.6g, and has 24 portions at 0.69g each.  The nicotine strength is 26mg/g (2.6%), or 17.94mg/portion.

To do a quick comparison, really nothing has changed from Volt to Pow other than the name.  The cans are the same minus the name change.  The pouches are the same.  Basically, everything about this one is the same.  So, if you're a Volt fan, don't fret.  But, what about what's inside the can?  Well, let's talk about that and find out!

I kept a can of Volt so I could do a comparison and I really don't notice much of a difference.  The aroma is a sharp, powerful, present aroma of peppermint.  It's lightly sweet, and has a mild tobacco character in the background.  The pouch is slim, moderately soft, and dryer than the average white portion.  It has a nice, slim fit in the lip, and a cooling presence that comes on when you put a portion in.  In terms of the flavor, it's the same.  I really don't notice a difference.  It's a straightforward, sharp, lightly sweet taste of peppermint.  In terms of the strength, it's strong!  It hits pretty quickly, and feels firmly at the extra strong level.  Being a white dry, the flavor lasts quite a while.  Usually, 1-1.5 hours on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.04 out of 5.  It's a decent mint snus, just a little strong for me personally.  Now, if you liked the old G3 Volt, you'll like this one.  It's basically the same thing other than the name change.  Outside of that, I didn't really notice a difference.  If you've never had Volt and you're looking for a really strong mint snus, you can't go wrong with this one.  It's pretty popular, and has a nice flavor with a solid kick to it!

This product available for purchase at SnusExpress.com!



Comments