Skruf Triple Mint #5 Ultra Strong (Slim White) - Review (Discontinued). 15 September 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Skruf recently released two new mint products - Skruf Double Mint Xtra Stark, and this one, Skruf Triple Mint Ultra Stark. I suppose double mint wasn't enough, and they wanted to go to Triple Mint. On the Snus Subreddit, someone mentioned "When is Infinimint coming out?", which made me chuckle a little.  What three mints are in here?  I'm not sure.  I picked it up from SnusMe.com, and browsing around the internet I'm not seeing a listing of the three mints. The flavor description I've found for this one on Snusbolaget says "An intense triple mint flavor with a strong cooling effect".  Each can weighs in at 16.6g and has 24 portions, for 0.69g portions.  The nicotine content is 26mg/g (2.650, or 17.94mg/portion.

When you open the can, a strong presence of menthol/eucalyptus greets you. There's a hint of peppermint in the background, and a light sweetness. The portions are slim, soft, and comfortable under the lip. There's a mild burn at first when you put one in, then a gentle cooling presence. The flavor is strongly menthol and eucalyptus. There is a touch of peppermint in the background, and a mild sweetness. I don't really pick up three distinct mints; this one seems like a stronger version of the Double Mint version I reviewed a few days ago.  If there's a third mint in there other than menthol and peppermint, I don't really pick it up.  The nicotine kick feels to be around the extra strong level, and the flavor lasts about an hour on average.  

Rating:
Packaging - 4/5 - A great looking can with a beautiful blue color!
Aroma - 3/5 - A very strong menthol aroma with a touch of peppermint.  No third mint detected.  I like that the menthol isn't as bold as the double mint version.
Portion/Mouthfeel - 3.5/5 - Soft and comfortable, mild burn in the lip, and a cooling presence.
Flavor - 3/5 - I don't really do menthol/eucalyptus snus, but I found this one more enjoyable due to the peppermint addition.  The menthol being more subdued than the double mint version was a bonus for me.
Nicotine - 2/5 - Extra strong level, but stronger than I personally prefer.
Flavor Longevity - 5/5 - Solid longevity, up to an hour on average.
Average - 3.42/5 - Not bad, but I'm not a big fan of menthol/eucalytpus snus.  And it was a little stronger than I personally prefer.

Final Thoughts
This isn't one for me, but mint lovers may enjoy it.  Especially if you're a fan of menthol/eucalyptus flavors, and strong nicotine levels!

Comments