Al Capone (Berry) Dry Mini - Review. 27 January 2020.

I've had quite a few requests lately to review the Al Capone products, so I figured it was time I sat down and talked about these.  While I personally don't use this type of product, I know a few people who do, and I try to cover it all, so here we go!  I grabbed some of this on a recent order from SnusMe.com so I could review all the Al Capone varieties:  mint, vanilla, berry, and coffee.  The flavor description for this one says it has "a clear taste of forest berry".  Each can weighs 6g and has 20 portions, for 0.3g portions.  I'm not sure what the nicotine strength is, but I'll tell you how strong it feels when I get into the review.

On the left, you'll see a comparison between a regular size snus pouch (left) and a Al Capone dry mini snus pouch (right). The pouch itself is quite dry, as is the tobacco inside the pouch. On the right side, you'll see a pouch cut open and the tobacco inside the pouch. It is a very dry tobacco, which probably helps with the "non-drip" attribute of this snus.

When you open the can, a mild berry smell comes through. It’s kind of like a really light mix of raspberry and cherry, if I had to place it. The portions are small, and quite dry. They’re not the most comfortable at first, but as they get more moist, they do get more comfortable in the lip. The flavor is pretty mild, and lightly sweet. The berry flavor is, like the aroma, a mild mix of raspberry and cherry. At least that’s what it tastes like to me. As far as the nicotine goes, when I have two in, it feels to be about the regular strength level. The flavor, on average, lasts about 45 minutes.  While I personally don't use these types of products, I know there's quite a few people out there who do.  If you're into the whole dry mini type, you may enjoy this one if you like berry flavors!

Comments