Skruf Nyans: Solglimt (Vit Portion) - Review (Discontinued). 12 May 2019.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

The Skruf Nyans line is a new line from Skruf reminiscent of nature. The name "nyans" translates to "shade" according to Google, but a viewer of our YouTube channel says it translates to "nuance", which sounds better. This line is designed to compete with other "modern premium" products. These are products like XRANGE, Lundgrens, and General One, which are premium products but with cheaper prices. According to the pricing at Snusbolaget, Nyans costs 30kr ($3.15 USD), Lundgrens costs 31kr ($3.26 USD), Swedish Match's One series costs 32kr ($3.36 USD), and the XRANGE series costs 33kr ($3.47 USD). So, with these products you get a good tasting snus but without having to spend too much!

The flavor description says this one has a taste of sour citrus. Skruf tells me the flavor is "sun glimpse". These products come in a 17.6 gram can with 22 portions for 0.8g portions. The nicotine content is 8mg/g (0.8%) or 6.4mg/portion. These also come in full size white portions, not slim portions.

When I opened the can, a surprising aroma jumped out at me: grapefruit! This was unexpected, as grapefruit isn't common in snus. In fact, I can only recall one snus I've reviewed the past 10 years with the flavor of grapefruit: Catch Collection Union Square: Sour Mint. The grapefruit aroma is gentle, sour, and tart.  The portions are pretty plump in the lip for 0.8 grams, and have a soft portion material, as well.  The flavor is very much like the aroma, a gentle, sour, lightly tart taste of grapefruit.  I really enjoyed the flavor of this one, as grapefruit isn't common in snus!  The nicotine strength on this one feels to be about the regular strength level, and I find the flavor lasts up to about an hour on average.

For a budget offering, I was impressed with this one.  I really dig the can design, and I love the taste of grapefruit!  As of the date of this review, I've only seen these products available at Snusbolaget.se, but I hear SnusCENTRAL.com will be stocking them soon, as well!

Comments