G4 Blush (Ginger Blood Orange) Slim All White - Review (Discontinued). 6 February 2019.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

This is a snus I've been really excited to try. It's the first non-mint product in Swedish Match's G4 line, and it has a flavor that really intrigued me when I first saw it. Now, I'm not going to point fingers, but I recently made a snus using Swedish Match's Make Your Own Snus, and I called it Snubie Eastern Orange. It had a flavor of orange, ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon. I reviewed it on January 6th, 2019. On January 25th, 2019, Swedish Match announced a snus with a flavor of, wait for it, orange and ginger. I'm not going to say they copied my flavor, but if they did - you're welcome, Swedish Match.

When it comes to G4 Blush, the flavor description says, "Bright and spicy character with clear elements of ginger and blood orange, as well as hints of bitter orange and carrot." No, really, that's not a translation error, I checked. Carrot. It comes in a 19.2 gram can with 24 portions for 0.8 gram portions. The nicotine content is 12mg/g (1.2%) or 9.6mg/portion.

Redefining White 

If you're new to the G4 series - this is how Swedish Match describes it:  "More than 150 years ago General was launched as loose snus. In the 80s, portion snus and thus the second generation of General came out. G.3, launched in 2014, was the third generation with higher strength and pouches in the Slim format for lower runniness and an optimized fit. Now we present G.4 – the fourth generation of snus from General and our latest step in developing the snus of the future. With G.4 we were able to create a completely white pouch with the same consistency and feeling as traditional White Portion snus, but without any taste of tobacco. We call this format All White. Through a composition of fiber and a small share of light tobacco, G.4 is an All White snus before, during, and after use."  That last part is important to note - G4 contains plant fiber, as well as a small share of white tobacco.  This is not the same as a nicotine pouch product, as it does contain tobacco.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: this may be my favorite product of 2019. Yes, I know, 2019 just started, but this stuff is so good. When you open the can, the aroma is a very present smell of orange. It’s fresh, natural, and bright. In the background there are light hints of ginger. The portions aren’t overly moist, and are moderately soft to the touch. They fit great in the lip and are pretty comfortable, as well. The flavor is a present flavor of fresh, natural orange. The ginger flavor is more present in the flavor than the aroma. It’s also not overly sweet, which I really like. I don’t notice any carrot in the flavor. The flavor, on average, lasts about 45-55 minutes. As far as the nicotine goes, it feels to be a touch stronger than regular strength, but not too strong.

This snus is great, and something I'll definitely get more of in the future.  Right now I've just seen it for sale on the Swedish Match webshop, but I know SnusCENTRAL.com carries the G4 line so I imagine they'll get it eventually.  If you like citrus flavored snus, this is a must try!

NOTE:  The G.4 line has been discontinued.  SnusExpress.com has a few of them left, so if you dig G.4, get in on it before they're gone:  https://www.snusexpress.com/us/en/snus/all-white/g-4-deep-freeze-super-strong-slim-485.

Comments