Gotlandssnus Blåbär & Vanilj - Review. 15 October 2018.

Gotlandssnus has released the latest snus in their Henrik Jakobsson's Special series, this one with a flavor of Blueberry and Vanilla!  The Henrik Jakobsson's Special series is a new-ish line from Gotlandssnus where they test flavors.  The first one they released was Jakobsson's Special: Cola, which proved popular enough to be added to the full time line-up.  Next came Jakobsson's Special: Salmiak, which didn't stick around long.  Most recently we say Jakobsson's Special: Peach, which I've heard is being discontinued as well.  With this new product, the can design has changed.  Jakobssons has been removed from the top lid and the design scheme has changed, as well.

The flavor description for this product says, "Blueberry is the dominant flavor with a more subdued tobacco taste and a slight hint of vanilla."  This snus comes in a 20 gram can with 20 portions for 1 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 14mg/g (1.4%) for 14mg/portion!

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is predominantly blueberry with a smooth, creamy vanilla smell in the background. There also seems to be a presence of grape, as well, but it's pretty mild. The portions are plump, moist, and quickly release flavor and nicotine. The taste is very much like the aroma! I notice blueberry front and center, it comes through a little sweet but not as sweet as I expected. I also, for some reason, notice something that tastes like grape. Behind the blueberry flavor you'll find the vanilla, and it's pretty mild, natural, and smooth. I don't notice the tobacco character until about 20 minutes in. The nicotine on this one feels stronger than a regular strength, but it's not too over the top strong. Being a Gotlandssnus portion, the flavor lasts a pretty good amount of time; on average I can enjoy this snus for 45-55 minutes.

As far as this product goes, it has a pretty decent taste, but it's not for me.  I appreciate that Gotlandssnus is doing some different things, and the flavor is pretty unique.  I imagine a lot of people are going to enjoy this.  But for me, it's just not something I feel the need to use again.  I imagine this would be at home in someone's rotation as a dessert snus.

Comments