Snubie: Blood Orange & Goji Berry Lös - Review. 10 September 2018.

To order Snubie Blood Orange and Goji Berry Lös Snus, email Snus.biz at Hello@Snus.biz.

In December of 2017 I released my first ever Snubie branded snus - Snubie Brandy Alexander, a collaboration with V2 Tobacco. We had it on the market for a year, and then delisted it in September, 2018. I didn't make any money off this product, I just thought it was neat to have my own snus product on the market. However, a lot of people said to me, "Chad, where is a product for the lös fans?" Well, I decided to work with Snus.biz, a snus company in Ukraine that makes Swedish Snus in the lös format only. Today, I'm going to be reviewing my second ever snus product - Snubie: Blood Orange and Goji Berry Lös - a small batch product that only comes in the lös format!

A side note - this is not the product I did a survey on (when I asked you all what flavor you wanted to see in a snus product).  That is a separate product I'm working with V2 on which will come in the portion format.  It's still in development.

I did a long preview article on this snus, so I won't go too much into the background on it, but you can check out this article if you want to know more. Snubie Blood Orange and Goji Berry Los is a small batch product which contains a blend of latakia, Virginia, and burley tobaccos. It is flavored with Sanguinello blood orange from Spain which contributes a tangy, sweet citrus taste, and organic goji berries from China, which contribute a slightly tart, slightly sweet fruit taste which is reminiscent of cranberry. The tobacco is aged in oak barrels from Massandra, which is a winery in Crimea. For this snus, the lös comes in the "combo grind" format, which is a mix of coarse grinding and fine grinding, and allows the flavor to release differently from traditional lös snus! The product comes with a full 50 grams of snus and a nicotine content of 20mg/g.

The aroma is an earthy tobacco character, which is accompanied by a tart citrus smell and a muted berry smell, which comes through like a very mild cranberry. The tobacco is quite moist, which I really like, and is very easy to handbake. I find a quick release of flavor, and a quick release of nicotine, as well. The flavor is interesting. The tobacco flavor is very present, but I notice the citrus to be just as present as the tobacco. The citrus flavor is up front and comes through in a tart and tangy way. The tobacco is earthy, mildly leathery, a little smoky, and has a touch of pepper. There is a light hint of oak, which probably comes from the barrels used. In the background, there is a light berry character, like a mild cranberry taste, which also contributes a faint sweetness. I find the lös stays together well and there is a long-lasting flavor character; I can enjoy this in my lip for about 45 minutes. The nicotine content may sound high, but I found with my usual 1 gram prillas it feels to be at the extra strong level. It turned out really well, and I really am impressed with the taste!

How to order?

So, you're probably asking, "How do I get this stuff?" Snubie Blood Orange and Goji Berry is available for order now! To order, email hello@snus.biz.  Make sure and keep an eye on your spam box, as sometimes replies go to your spam box. The cost is 7.00 Euro, or $8.17 US per can. They accept payment via PayPal, so you'll need a PayPal account to purchase. This isn’t a cheap snus due to the quality of ingredients used; it is truly for the snus connoisseur who wants a premium tasting product!

I really enjoyed making this snus with Snus.biz and I hope you enjoy it!  It truly is a small batch, premium product with a great taste!  Once you've had it, let me know what you think!

Comments