Chainsaw (Cold Dry White) Snus - Review (Discontinued). 8 August 2018.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

First of all, to start off this review, this is a review of the new Chainsaw (Cold Dry White) Snus from V2 Tobacco.  This one is a competitor to the popular Oden's Cold Extreme White Dry product, but I honestly prefer this one.  Now, not too long ago, I reviewed Chainsaw (Cold Dry White) Chew Bags. They look virtually identical when you look at the cans, but I want to preface this review by saying this is the snus version of Chainsaw, not the chew bag version. I also did a group review with Nash and Vogi at Snus Con 2018 of that chew bag product, if you want to check out that video. When it comes to this snus version, the flavor description says, "CHAINSAW Cold White Dry Portion snus is a great mint flavored ultra strong nicotine SNUS at a value price!"

The reason I'm re-reviewing this one is because a new law in Sweden requires that snus contains 20 portions per can.  This one used to contain only 13.  Now, the can weighs 16g and has 20 portions, for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine content is 22mg/g (2.2%), or 17.6mg/portion.

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a sharp, present, focused smell of peppermint. The portions are white dry, but still soft to the touch and feel comfortable in the lip. When you put one in the lip, you’ll notice a burn, which dies out after a while, and a nice cooling present as well. The taste is a sharp, focused peppermint taste and a mild menthol presence. The taste isn’t overly sweet, which I like. The nicotine kick is strong, and it hits quick. It feels firmly at that ultra strong level; I can’t keep this stuff in too long! I’ve been able to push a few portions past the 1 hour mark, but generally I have to take them out within 30 minutes because the nicotine is more strong than I’m used to.

If you like mint flavored products and want something really strong, this is something you should check out.  It doesn't have a lot of portions, but the price point is under $3.00 USD per can, so it about equals out, I suppose.

Comments