G.3 TNT (Slim White Dry/Super Strong) - Review. 9 July 2018.

Review Updated:  21 July 2022

I've always had a special place in my heart for this snus.  Back when it launched in the summer of 2018, I had just got together with Mrs. Snubie, and I recall using this one, the Lund Edition (Swedish Match's first champagne flavored snus) and Small Batch 4 Raspberry Licorice a lot in those early days.  Anytime I use this one, I get a flash back to that summer.  This one was surprising when it launched, because it's a straightforward tobacco taste.  With snus being mostly flavored and mint snus, it's always exciting to see tobacco-flavored tobacco products!  The flavor description for this one says, "A mellow and spicy tobacco taste with notes of green herbs, oak and cedar, along with hints of nuttiness".  Each can weighs 16.6g and has 24 portions for 0.69g each.  The nicotine content is 26mg/g (2.6%), or 17.94mg/portion.

If you've ever had The Lab Series before, this one is a lot like that one.  Honestly, this is basically a white dry version of that.  The aroma is a present, earthy tobacco aroma.  It's slightly smoky, and has faint notes of wood.  The pouch is slim, and comfortable under the lip.  It's dry, but as it gets more moist it will get more comfortable.  In the flavor profile, it's mostly tobacco.  The tobacco base is straight forward, mild, raw, and natural.  I notice a light touch of oak in the background, and that's about it!  It's a pretty simple snus.  It is very much focused around the tobacco taste.  The nicotine strength is firmly at the extra strong level and provides quite the kick.  I find the flavor to last 1-1.5 hours, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This snus is a favorite of mine.  Granted, it's a little too strong for regular use for me.  However, I greatly enjoy the approach, and the focus on the tobacco flavor profile.  You really don't see that much anymore.  I rated this one at 3.46/5.  The score came down due to the strength, but that's part of my personal preference.  Just on flavor alone, it got a 4/5, which is a pretty solid score.  If you're one who enjoys the traditional taste of tobacco, you'll enjoy this one!

This product available at Snusdirect.com.



Comments