Thunder Original Chewing Tobacco (Loose) - Review (Discontinued). 29 September 2017.

NOTE:  This product is discontinued, and is no longer produced.

Back in January of 2015 I did a big review of a bunch of Thunder Chew products, but I didn't do a video review of them. Now, I'm doing video reviews of a lot of Thunder Chew products and figured I would update my text reviews of them as well.  Today we're talking about Thunder Original Chewing Tobacco (Loose).  When it comes to this product, the flavor description says, "Thunder Original Chewing Tobacco Loose has a traditional tobacco flavor with hints of bergamot." It comes in a 37 gram can with 16mg/g of nicotine. If you're new to "chewing tobacco" or "Nordic Chew" as it is sometimes called, check out this video I made that goes more into what it is, why it exists, and how it's different from snus.

If you're used to loose snus, this stuff is very different. V2 Tobacco describes it by saying, "Thunder Chew is different than Thunder Snus. The loose Chew is more like a paste and can be conveniently chewed as needed. Loose snus, on the other hand, will crumble immediately when chewed which makes for a rather messy chewing experience."  When you compare loose snus to chewing tobacco, it looks very different.  The loose snus is more crumbly, and the chewing tobacco is more solid.  It's honestly a lot like clay or PlayDoh.  Generally, when I review the "chew bag" products, I view snus as better.  However, when it comes to chewing tobacco, I love the grind of this stuff way more than the grind of loose snus.  It's so easy to work with, easy to bake, and stays together really well in the lip!

When it comes to this product, it reminds me a lot of the Thunder Original ES Los, except the grind is different. When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is an earthy tobacco smell.  As I mentioned above, this stuff is really easy to bake, and it stays together really well in the lip.  I've never encountered it breaking apart, and I've never noticed any mudslide, either!  The taste is also quite good!  It's a mild, earthy tobacco taste with a little bit of smoke to it.  The nicotine strength on this one is 16mg/g, so the strength really depends on how big you bake your prilla.  I usually bake around 1 gram prillas, and with this product I get a strong nicotine kick!  The flavor also lasts quite a while!  With most los products, I usually keep them in for up to 35-45 minutes.  However with this one I can keep it in for 45-55 minutes, so I get more life out of the chewing tobacco than I do the loose snus.

As far as this product goes, it's great.  If you're not into portions or "chew bags" and want to enjoy a more loose form of chewing tobacco, this is definitely worth a try!

Comments