Clove Explosion (White Dry) - Review. 17 January 2017.

Review Updated:  21 February 2021

When GN Tobacco announced they were releasing Clove Explosion, I was really excited. I've always been a big fan of the taste of cloves. Back in my younger days, when I was a smoker, I really enjoyed those Djarum Black cigarettes. When I quit smoking, I noticed the clove flavor wasn't very common in the snus world.  GN Tobacco filled that void in the snus world with the 2017 release of Clove Explosion.  This product is released as the first in their "GN Organic" line.  The reason it is called GN Organic is because it has no added flavors. This product is a mix of 85% tobacco and 15% fresh clove from Indonesia.  The flavor description says, "Super strong with rich clove taste due to completely organic clove compound in blend. The best Indonesian clove has been used to make this great product sharp straight full flavored portions".  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 portions for 0.8 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 36mg/g (3.6%), or 28.80mg/portion.

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is predominantly clove, a touch of sweetness, a light smokiness and a hint of banana.  The portions are white dry, but semi-soft to the touch and still pretty comfortable under the lip.  The clove flavor immediately greets.  It comes across in a milder way than I noticed with the white portion, but it's still pretty present and not too weak by any means.    I also pick up a light banana presence like I noticed in the aroma.  There is a light touch of smokiness and a nice little spice character in the background along with tones of pepper.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 1-1.5 hours.  The nicotine kick feels firmly at the extra strong level!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.33 out of 5.  It's a pretty solid product, and a good way to enjoy this one because of the lighter portion and the lower nicotine strength.  It's still way too strong, but it is at least a little lower than 36mg/g thanks to the 0.8g portions.  I wish GNT would release a regular strength clove product because this one is good but I can't use it all the time.  It's way too strong for me.  But, if you like high octane snus, you may really enjoy this one! 



Comments