Oden's Extra Stark (Original Portion) - Review. 8 March 2016.

Review Updated:  5 May 2023

Wow, has it really been 7 years since I reviewed this?  Time sure does fly by!  I've been going through my old reviews and updating them with new photos, and adding ratings.  I started adding ratings in 2020, so I've been gradually working through all the snus products on the market and giving them ratings, as well.  I've rated almost 1000 snus and nicotine pouch products so far, so it's been fun!  Today, we're checking out GN Tobacco's Oden's Extra Stark Original Portion!  The flavor description for this one says, "A straight-forward traditionally flavored snus made from an extra strong tobacco blend".  Each can weighs 20 grams and has 20 pouches, for 1 gram each.  The nicotine content is 18mg/g, which easily breaks down to 18mg/portion.

It's been a long time since I had this one, but it's been really fun revisiting it.  As you see from the photo, I had to stop using it to make sure I had enough for the picture, because I was starting to run low on it.  When you open the can, you'll notice a slight aroma of citrus, along with an earthy tobacco presence.  It's a peppery, and spicy tobacco base, which is quite nice.  The portions are plump, moist, soft, and feel great under the lip.  In the flavor, I notice it to be slightly floral up front, along with a little citrus.  There's a rich tobacco base that is spicy and peppery, which is quite tasty.  The nicotine strength is strong, but not too strong.  If I had to place it, I'd put it between strong and extra strong.  The flavor hangs out a good 45-50 minutes. 

Rating and Final Thoughts

I didn't have a rating system the last time I had this, so it was fun to dive into it and work up a rating.  In the end, it came in at 3.33/5.  This was a good snus!  I had to stop using it so that I'd have enough portions for the photo, and for the video review I'm filming this weekend.  If you like traditional snus, or a good tobacco base, this is one you'll want to try out!

This product available at Snus.us!




Our Video Review:

Comments