Skruf Mynta Slim White - Review (Discontinued). 17 April 2015.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

It's been 4 years since I've reviewed this one, but I recently began revisiting the Skruf line due to their redesign, and figured I would review this one, as well.  For some reason, this one and the Skruf Tranbar White did not go through a redesign.  When this one launched back in 2015, it was part of the Skruf Ecological series.  All the original flavored products in that series have disappeared, but this one and Tranbar are still produced.  What makes this one different is that when it launched I was told that 10% of the content of this product was real mint leaves.  That makes this snus a very unique product.  I'm not sure if this one is produced with organic tobacco anymore or not, but it was when it launched.

The flavor description for this product says, "Skruf Slim Fresh White Portion is a white portion snus with a fresh taste of mint.  This snus is made from certified organic tobacco and flavored with real mint leaves."  It comes in a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions for 0.7 gram portions.  The nicotine content I've seen listed in most places has it as a 2/4, which would be around the regular strength level.

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a very fresh, lightly sweet, gentle smell of mint. I see most stores list it as spearmint, but to me it's closer to a mild, natural mint/peppermint aroma. The portions are slim, white, soft, and comfortable in the lip. They come with a gentle cooling presence, which is common of most mint products. The flavor profile is very refreshing, but not an in your face flavor. The mint flavor is gentle and mild, as well as lightly sweet. Like the aroma, it reminds me of a natural mint/peppermint mix if I had to describe it. After about 20-25 minutes or so I notice a mild tobacco character in the background, as well. The nicotine feels to be around the regular strength level, and I find the flavor lasts up to an hour on average!

If you like mint products but don't want something that's really in your face, this is a good option to check out.  It's one of the better mint products on the market!

Comments