General Long White Extra Strong Review. (Discontinued) 7 May 2012.

This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.  It has been replaced with General G3 Slim White (Extra Strong).

It's really cool seeing all these new Long Portion releases lately. I'm glad companies are investing in making more products in the long format. As I've always said, it is truly the best way to enjoy snus. The fit in the lip is comfortable as can be, and even more discrete than the popular portion format. I was driving home from work tonight and was thinking about how lossnus purists must have felt when portions came around, and then portions grew and grew in popularity. I can imagine some day long portions will reign supreme and the original/white portion regular size format will be a thing of the past, or less produced than long portions. Just my theory. I've really been digging General Extra Strong Long lately, that and 06 have become staples in my rotation. I love the General taste, when I think bergamot it's always General that I reach for. Not to sound like a fanboy, but it's just that good. There's a reason it's #1 in Sweden. Just sayin'. Most long portions, though, have been in the original portion format. The white portion format hasn't been very well represented in long portions. That's been changing lately with more releases as White/Long, so those of you who are White Portion purists can get your fix in long portion format now.

As I mentioned in my review of Catch White Black Currant Long, the size reminds me a lot of the American General releases, Classic Blend & Nordic Mint. They're longer than traditional white portions, but a tad thicker. The nicotine content of this one is slightly less strong than General Long ES, it only comes in at 18 mg/g whereas the General Long ES is at a killer 20 mg/g. But one thing I've always noticed about white portions is the stronger ones seem to hit me quicker than original portions. This one has a very mellow citrus aroma when you open the can, and the flavor is much the same. As a white portion, it takes longer for the flavor to develop, and it's much like General White Portion, a mellow citrus taste with hints of pepper and salt. The nicotine kick is pretty strong as well and the flavor lasts quite some time once it develops. So, if you're a fan of the General taste and enjoy White Portions, this would be something you would definitely enjoy!

Comments