Gringo Snus. Yes, it's real. (Discontinued) 3 December 2011.


NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

I recently saw on Northerner a new product called Gringo Snus. I didn't know what to think at first, because Gringo is what Latin American/Hispanic folks call white folks. But a Swedish Snus with that name? Crazy stuff. After doing a little research and stumbling across their website at GringoSnus.se and sure enough - Gringo is a real snus. Earlier today I spoke with Daniel from Gringo Snus and he shared with me a little about their company and product. He told me they are a new and small company - their first shipment of snus going out just a month ago. They have a low production capacity (as they are new) and are going to begin with this one product (Gringo Loose). He checked out our forum site GoSmokeless.org and mentioned on one of our members posts about the word "Blanco" and remarked that if/when they start making portion snus - a good name for it would be Gringo, Blanco Portion. I agree!

I got my hands on some of the new Gringo Snus and wanted to share a review of it. Lots of people are interested so I hope to get the word out about them. Like with Pioneer, I like doing my part to help smaller companies grow and spreading the word about their products is my little contribution. The can has a cool look to it, with Gringo spelled out in graffiti and some little graphics running along the side. When you open the can the aroma reminds me a lot of Pioneer, it's a very dark and earthy tobacco aroma with smokey hints to it. The snus itself is very easy to handbake - requiring little effort to form a prilla. Very easy to work with - always a plus!

Gringo Snus is very moist and very soft - very comfortable in the lip. The texture reminds me a lot of Oden's Extreme Los. Gringo Snus tastes great. It's a very rich and earthy tobacco flavor that's a little smokey and has a nice salt balance to it. Though I don't get the floral notes, I do get a nice rich flavor that matures into a spicy tobacco taste the longer you have it. Not spicy in the Extreme/pepper sense, but in a well flavored, and full bodied tobacco. As this product is not yet FDA approved for the US, it isn't available to the United States just yet - so Gringos, we'll have to wait a little longer to see this available to us. I give Gringo Snus two thumbs up - it's great, and I look forward to seeing more from this new company.

Comments