Below Zero - Review. (Discontinued) 13 September 2011.


NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

I really don't know how to approach this review. In essence - it's a rebranded version of Nick & Johnny Crushed Ice. Why, I don't know. I don't know if Crushed Ice is going to be dropped or not - which I figured wouldn't happen because Nick & Johnny is such a strong brand - and the can/name/graphics seem to be very appealing. Maybe immediate sales figures were low and SM decided to go ahead and change it and begin the transition. Or they're going to keep it and have the same taste with two different names, that I don't know. I wish they added the rockin' out horns from the N&J can because those were pretty cool looking. To go into the review, I'll probably just reiterate what I've said in the past - because other than the can nothing has really changed. But I figured that was going to be the result. It's still a good snus, regardless of the name/can change.




As I reviewed last time, "When I first opened the can (and as several other reviewers have noted) a really interesting thing happens. The aroma of wintergreen comes through, followed behind by a little spearmint aroma with an almost herbal like quality to it, much like the Jakobsson's Mint. The portions are very dark and moist and very comfortable in the lip along with a nice little tingle and a cooling sensation. The taste of this is really interesting. I went through a half a can of it yesterday and I got the same thing every time. The flavor seems to start with a presence of wintergreen, then develops into a spearmint taste, then settles into a nice traditional mint taste much like General Mint. There is a very nice herbal quality to this snus and a noticable taste of earthy tobacco in the background, much like the classic Nick & Johnny Snus. It packs a nice little nic kick, and the flavor endures for quite sometime, I've been able to keep these in for the 1.5 hour mark and still have lots of flavor to enjoy. So in the end, it's a pretty good tasting snus with a really unique flavor. The blending of all those different qualities make this snus stand alone in the taste department." None of this has changed - it's still the same snus, just in a different can. But it's still good! It twists the classic mint taste and makes it a little more interesting. Even if you're not a huge fan of mint, and you haven't tried the N&J version, it's still worth a try. If you are a fan of mint - this is definitely one to look into.

Comments