Catch Collection//Glow Review! (Limited Edition) 25 May 2010


NOTE:  This product was a limited edition release and is no longer for sale.

If you've read my reviews in the past, you know I'm a big fan of the Catch Collection series. From Mint Vanilla to Fresh Peppermint, Rhubarb to Cardamom/Cinnamon - the Catch line is truly one of the most innovative snus lines in the snus industry to date. Every 4 months, Swedish Match released a flavor which comes in a white mini portion. Despite the fact that I don't like minis, I do dig this, I just have to double up on the portions. Each release comes in a different color, usually representing the flavor - this one being Elder Lime has a yellow color to represent the citrus, I presume. I usually like to start with the aroma - in the case of this release it smells like a lemon cleaning product - like lemon pledge. I was a little worried....did Swedish Match fail me? After a solid 5 releases in this line, was the 6th going to let me down? I decided to be brave and pop two (double barrel style) in and see what's going on with this snus. Now, the flavor is a mix of Elder (from the Elder Flower - much like in the Gotland's Green snus, and lime. Now, Gotland's Green being one of my favorite snuses, I was excited to see how this would compare. The comparison is simply in name alone - I do not detect a flavor similar to Gotland's Green. But, don't stop reading this review there.


The flavor does come through as lime/lemon flavor - the closest thing I can compare it to is the citrusy, slightly sour taste of the new Mountain Dew Distortion, or Squirt. The flavor isn't sweet at all, it is a slightly sour taste - which I don't mind, this is something different - which I love about the Catch Collection line, getting to try something new ever few months that may not be something I'd keep around all the time, but is always a welcome detour. The flavor does have a nice little salt balance kicking around in the background, so that's a nice, pleasant surprise. The flavor stays around for quite a while, which I've noticed a lot of the Catch Collection line. No tobacco flavor, this is straight up lime, a little salt, nothing more nothing less. It is what it is. If you're a fan of lime, Squirt, Mountain Dew, or any kind of sour citrus, I find you may enjoy this one. It's very pleasant.

Comments