Phantom Blue (Los) - Review (Discontinued). Updated 10 July 2015.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

If you've read my Phantom Blue reviews in the past, you know that I'm not a big fan of the taste. Phantom Blue (Portion) and it's higher nicotine counterpart Thunder Blue were both snuses that I didn't enjoy. They both smelled like Windex and I couldn't get into the taste. However, one thing I've found is that with los is that products I don't enjoy in portion format I often enjoy in los format.  This is one that definitely lives up to that.

The Phantom line used to be relatively boring in the can design department.  Within the last few years when I originally reviewed this product back in September of 2009 it was a simple black can that said "Phantom".  No graphics, nothing fancy, just the name.  The new design has an interesting wooden theme going on that I really dig.

When I first opened a can of Phantom Blue I was surprised to find that the Windex smell I encountered with Phantom Blue Portion was not present in the los. There's a mild juniper smell accompanies by mellow floral notes. The grind is medium-coarse, really easy to handbake, so no tool required with this one! The taste is a mellow juniper flavor with mild floral notes, a gentle taste of tobacco, and a little taste of lemon in the background. All these flavors blend really well together. I wish they could have captured this taste with the portion format, because the los version of Phantom Blue is delicious and a must try!

Comments